Why become a member? ×

Stu Hamm Clinic at Markbass HQ

MoJoKe

31 minutes ago, yorks5stringer said:

Anyone translate? I got 'Los Angeles':D

Probably discussing the new amp launch at Namm!  Gonna get a few other new things too!

Marco posted in the comments:    “This is the New Stu Head, we will introduce it during next Namm...1000w, pre Tube and solid ..you can mix with two big Knobs.. 7 bands Graphic EQ...”

The cab is 2 x 15 with a horn.  I am loving it, maybe time for me to go retro again!

29 minutes ago, petebassist said:

I saw Stu at the London Bass Guitar Show this year and he did a beautiful solo of Zep's Going to California. Great bloke and very inspirational.

His control and dynamics are amazing and the tone he gets with that Warwick, in spite of the colour(!), is lovely.  A great talent (and his ability to talk conversationally while riffing in 7/8 is just bonkers!)

I have been able to check out the vid on my proper PC. The - rather underrehearsed - introduction by Marco and Riccardo is only partly about Stu himself. They say that he's just back from "The G4 with Joe Satriani" and that he's worked at creating his own signature head which Markbass will showcase at NAMM (I'll try to catch up with Stu there and ask for details!). Most of the remaining talk before Stu comes in is in the form of recommendations and instructions to the audience for live-streaming on FB, asking Stu questions and refraining from overloading the Wifi (I guess they mean the bandwidth). You're not missing anything if you don't speak Italian - just listen to Stu :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

Been following him for decades but lately he doesn't move me anymore...sloppy timing, cliches in his playing and he gives me the impression that he can't even play his own tunes without mistakes. Loved his first album Radio Free Albemuth but since then time stood still and nothing has happened..

Can't get why he's in demand while his fingerstyle playing for instance is "average".   

On 15/11/2017 at 18:52, wombatboter said:

Been following him for decades but lately he doesn't move me anymore...sloppy timing, cliches in his playing and he gives me the impression that he can't even play his own tunes without mistakes. Loved his first album Radio Free Albemuth but since then time stood still and nothing has happened..

Can't get why he's in demand while his fingerstyle playing for instance is "average".   

Although I like the guy and like a lot of stuff he's played on, I have to agree with this. I find alot of his YouTube stuff is pretty average. I think his theory is outstanding, but technique a bit sloppy.