Why become a member? ×

So I just quit the band I started six years ago...

NancyJohnson

...and actually, I couldn't be happier.  It was like working with a psycho, Rainman and a guy who couldn't get off the fence.  Huge weight off my shoulders.

The first thing they did was remove my admin rights from Facebook, to a band I set up and a page I set up.  I'm still shaking my head at that one, but hey-ho.  What was I going to do?  Remove a couple of pictures?

Amazingly, I've had two offers from other bands since I quit less than 90 minutes ago.  Clearly doing something right, perhaps the old act were just too stupid to see that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wow.... check mate! O.o
EXACTLY the same thing happened to me a few months back with a band I formed 27 years ago. Pretty much the same 3 character traits for my other 3 band members too....!! They removed me from my band admin rights on Facebook as well.....Freaky!!
Sure we weren't both in the same band?!?!? lol!

You're right though. A HUGE relief and bigger better things are often just around the corner! I'm now out on the theatre circuit in a much better band and collaborating elsewhere with higher profile and better musicians. The rest of them - same old egos, lies and the sticky-floor club circuit merry-go-round... xD

• Like 2

This just reinforces my view that people who like to be in bands are mentally ill, autistic misfits who find it difficult to function in society and are doing it for all the wrong reasons. Sticky-floor club circuit merry-go-round is right! :) There are other worlds out there! Well done to the OP for achieving escape velocity!

5 minutes ago, discreet said:

This just reinforces my view that people who like to be in bands are mentally ill, autistic misfits who find it difficult to function in society and are doing it for all the wrong reasons. Sticky-floor club circuit merry-go-round is right! :) There are other worlds out there! Well done to the OP for achieving escape velocity!

Have we met?

35 minutes ago, discreet said:

This just reinforces my view that people who like to be in bands are mentally ill, autistic misfits who find it difficult to function in society and are doing it for all the wrong reasons.

That's why I fit in so well!

35 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I understand why you've left. . . . but, why do you expect to retain admin rights to the bands Facebook page? Why be upset about that?

yep, can't see the problem, if you're not in the band for whatever reason why should you have admin rights? when two members quit the band I am in (on good terms))  they reminded us to make sure we remove their admin rights

1 hour ago, chris_b said:

I understand why you've left. . . . but, why do you expect to retain admin rights to the bands Facebook page? Why be upset about that?

I'm not upset in the slightest, moreover I believe I'm just surprised that the singer decided to remove my admin rights about two minutes after I said I was off.  Different priorities I suppose, eh?

45 minutes ago, Happy Jack said:

So Nancy, what are we going to call you from now on?

Although I suppose you could argue that Who Left Nancy Johnson still works.

:drinks:

Hahaha.  Paul will do for now.  ^_^

50 minutes ago, chris_b said:

I knew a band years ago who fell out with their singer. The first thing he did was to phone all the venues and cancel all the band gigs! Revenge can come in many forms.

This weekend, we/they were due to mix six tracks that were recorded about two months ago.  I have contacted the the studio and asked them to remove my bass off the recordings, which is what they're doing.  That'll be a nice surprise for them when they turn up on Sunday.

• Haha 2

On 15/11/2017 at 13:03, nightsun said:

God damn, I hadn't noticed that.  Well spotted.....life as a lysdexic is a bugger

On 15/11/2017 at 13:04, discreet said:

I myself am a member of the DNA - the National Dyslexics' Association...

I can’t believe in this day and age people are still making fun of something as serious as Dyslexia, my best mate was dyslexic and had a terrible and tragic life, he sadly died choking on his own Vimto.

(sorry couldn’t resist)

Edited by T-Bay
  • Haha 2

I'm interested to know how long it had been building up for.

I've only ever quit two bands, and on both occasions it followed a long period of really not looking forward to rehearsals or gigs because of the guitarist's behaviour (different guitarists, similar behaviour),  And both times it was with the same drummer who quit with me, after a long period of us complaining to each other about how unhappy we were with the guitarist.

I'd compare it quite closely to dumping as girlfriend - a long period of unhappiness and wanting to split up but not really wanting to actually do it, and then regardless of how uncomfortable the actual quitting/dumping was, immense relief that you don't have another unhappy weekend ahead of you and you can move on

YMMV

• Like 1