ScOtTy83

London bass guitar show 2018

1 hour ago, Phil Mann said:

Thank you to everyone that came down to to say hi at the SBL Masterclass stage - it was an incredible (and somewhat overwhelming) weekend.  

The masterclasses were awesome (Bobby, Rich and Mo were outrageous!), and i enjoyed checking out some of the stands in the little time I had away from the boss!

After this years show, I'm going to try and make a point of heading down to some of the bass bashes, so please keep me in the loop as to when and where they're happening! :)

It was so lovely to meet so many faces, chat equipment, lessons and progress!

Thanks to all those involved...

Phil.x 

Have to say that you and the whole SBL team really nailed it. Made my LBGS experience truly memorable and inspiring. Massive thanks to you guys for putting all that work in!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Had a rehearsal last night and used Snow Owl's settings from the LBGS. Sounded fantastic, so I sent him a message this morning telling him so.  Got a lovely reply back 20 mins ago. Top, top fella! :)

I missed his performances, do you care to share said settings at all?

• Like 2

If I could figure out how he put together his lead distortion effects, I'd never work with a guitarist again!xD

• Like 1

Sibob said: " I'd also like to think that engaging and supporting the UK bass community is high on a number of brands agendas"

That's certainly high on the Gillett agenda and I'm sure we're not the only ones.  Must say I was expecting to see Barefaced and looking forward to a chat with Alex.

Scrumpymike

• Like 1

Some pics I took at the Basschat stand! :)

MacDaddy, Ped, Tina (Mrs Ped), Charic

26825434948_f3f23132a9_c.jpg

Transistorbassman (Roger), MacDaddy, Charic

40654734982_0f2d811fb0_c.jpg

And MacDaddy demos his Snapdragon folding bass:

40654733182_c2ebe32376_c.jpg

26825433418_f2f82a4101_c.jpg

40654731542_9979975558_c.jpg

• Like 1

It was nice to put faces to a few BC names!

Next time I'll do more workshops - sorry to have missed Bobby Vega.

Posted (edited)

Didn't make it this year as it didn't recognise many of the guests or exhibitors. Was it any good?

Miss Willis and Ibanez - that was a good show. Mark King was killing and I bumped into the awesome Gary Husband. And Bernie was there that year with his ludicrous basses.

I hope Clutterbuck was there on the Rotosound stand eviscerating everyone with his Overwater?

Edited by visog

On 10/03/2018 at 19:58, visog said:

I hope Clutterbuck was there on the Rotosound stand eviscerating everyone with his Overwater?

Thankfully not...... my ears have been a lot happier this year! xDxD

I haven't seen him at many shows in the last few years? They'll be a find Clutterbuck post soon...

On 10/03/2018 at 19:58, visog said:

Same, in the nicest possible way, I haven't missed his playing from trade shows.
I wonder what other players have surnames that sound like their (trade show) playing :biggrin:

Si

I always thought his playing sounded like he was falling down the stairs with his bass. I do hope he hasn't. Nice bloke and all that....

20 minutes ago, cetera said:

I always thought his playing sounded like he was falling down the stairs with his bass.

Ah - the Dave Swift move.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Silvia Bluejay said:

First part of blog finally out! https://wp.me/p2ZbyY-C1

My wife: 'Are there any photos of you?'

*Edit.  Just spotted my receding hairline poking out out from behind someone's head at the Yolanda showpiece.

Edited by NancyJohnson
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

It's amazing how I've managed to stay out of your photos, considering I was there both days the whole time xD

Edited by BassAgent
  • Haha 1

On 3/16/2018 at 19:00, Silvia Bluejay said:

Future Publishing has created a survey for those who wish to suggest improvements to the LBGS for next year: Comment here

They need to make sure the weather is good! :-)

• Haha 1

When will next year's dates be announced? I'm hoping to get more out of it next time, rather than wander round feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

• Like 1