Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

1 hour ago, Phil Mann said:

Thank you to everyone that came down to to say hi at the SBL Masterclass stage - it was an incredible (and somewhat overwhelming) weekend.  

The masterclasses were awesome (Bobby, Rich and Mo were outrageous!), and i enjoyed checking out some of the stands in the little time I had away from the boss!

After this years show, I'm going to try and make a point of heading down to some of the bass bashes, so please keep me in the loop as to when and where they're happening! :)

It was so lovely to meet so many faces, chat equipment, lessons and progress!

Thanks to all those involved...

Phil.x 

Have to say that you and the whole SBL team really nailed it. Made my LBGS experience truly memorable and inspiring. Massive thanks to you guys for putting all that work in!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, pbasspecial said:

Had a rehearsal last night and used Snow Owl's settings from the LBGS. Sounded fantastic, so I sent him a message this morning telling him so.  Got a lovely reply back 20 mins ago. Top, top fella! :)

I missed his performances, do you care to share said settings at all?

• Like 2

Sibob said: " I'd also like to think that engaging and supporting the UK bass community is high on a number of brands agendas"

That's certainly high on the Gillett agenda and I'm sure we're not the only ones.  Must say I was expecting to see Barefaced and looking forward to a chat with Alex.

Scrumpymike

• Like 1

Didn't make it this year as it didn't recognise many of the guests or exhibitors. Was it any good?

Miss Willis and Ibanez - that was a good show. Mark King was killing and I bumped into the awesome Gary Husband. And Bernie was there that year with his ludicrous basses.

I hope Clutterbuck was there on the Rotosound stand eviscerating everyone with his Overwater?

Edited by visog

On 10/03/2018 at 19:58, visog said:

I hope Clutterbuck was there on the Rotosound stand eviscerating everyone with his Overwater?

Same, in the nicest possible way, I haven't missed his playing from trade shows.
I wonder what other players have surnames that sound like their (trade show) playing :biggrin:

Si

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 07/04/2018 at 22:24, lozkerr said:

When will next year's dates be announced? I'm hoping to get more out of it next time, rather than wander round feeling like a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

They are busy with planning for the London Guitar show (September 29/30th) at the moment.  I'm sure it'll be announced soon!

• Thanks 1