Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

Darned weather. I didn't manage to get to the show the last 2 years and was looking forward to this one.....but......due to weather etc I wont be able to go :angry2: so my full weekend tickets available. ** London Bass Show Weekend Ticket **

Glad I hadn't booked flights and hotel in advance! For those who manage to get there I hope you all have a great time.....I'm off to build an igloo instead :D

Just now, OutSpoon said:

Luckily (?) I only live in Hampshire, so will make a yes/no decision on Saturday morning, but at the moment, I'm thinking about braving the weather and enjoying a quiet show! Might even get some 1-to-1 time with people. :-))

That's the spirit, hoping to do the same thing lol

Si

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OutSpoon said:

Luckily (?) I only live in Hampshire, so will make a yes/no decision on Saturday morning, but at the moment, I'm thinking about braving the weather and enjoying a quiet show! Might even get some 1-to-1 time with people. :-))

Yep, same here. On Surrey/Hants border...... and intending to come up early Saturday morning. Hopeful of a quieter (in numbers AND slapping noise!) show this year so I can enjoy it more :)

4 minutes ago, cetera said:

Yep, same here. On Surrey/Hants border...... and intending to come up early Saturday morning. Hopeful of a quieter (in numbers AND slapping noise!) show this year so I can enjoy it more :)

Well, Gary, you know where I live...I've got to come out to West End to pick someone up and then we're supposed to schlepping up to Hatton Cross to Tube it in on Saturday morning.  This morning it took me an hour plus to get into Wokingham to drop Sue at work and get back home.  Eight mile round trip, people crawling along at 5mph.  It's mental.  The roads really weren't covered in snow either.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cetera said:

Where are you based? I'm just south of reading... is it worth meeting up?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutSpoon said:

Where are you based? I'm just south of reading... is it worth meeting up?

I'm between Woking and Guildford. Thanks for offer but I'm aiming to head up to Clapham Jct on train and then take the train/bus to Olympia...

1 minute ago, cetera said:

I'm between Woking and Guildford. Thanks for offer but I'm aiming to head up to Clapham Jct on train and then take the train/bus to Olympia...

Cool, I 'might' drive. We'll see what the weather looks like. Not sure if it's better to be stuck in your own car, than stuck in someone else's train... 

Hi

If anyone going to the show is in need of a room I have one available in the Travelodge on the Fulham Road. It is avilable for 3 nights. Normally this would be £156 but available for £100. Contact me if you are interested. 

On February 27, 2018 at 11:09, CameronJ said:

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread but what’s the policy on ticket transfers? A friend of mine is offering me one of his weekend tickets - he bought 1 and won the other but only needs 1 of them for himself. Apparently the spare ticket has got his name on it and we’re not sure if that means I’ll be turned away at the door?? 

Nope it doesn't matter whose name is on the ticket! Feel free to transfer :)

• Thanks 1

Hi all, we really hope you can all make it this weekend despite the adverse weather conditions! Obviously it depends where you're coming from, but we're in London now ready for build up tomorrow and it really isn't too bad (drove here from the Midlands). The forecast is for a little snow tomorrow, but getting warmer over the weekend with rain rather than snow.

Safe travels, and we can't wait to see you all there!

The LBGS Team

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OutSpoon said:

Yep, aiming to head up from Portsmouth tomorrow, if the trains allow...

3 hours ago, bassguitarshow said:

Hi all, we really hope you can all make it this weekend despite the adverse weather conditions...

Well, I have a car full of Markbass and Markaudio PA, and a steep driveway in the blackdown hills which currently has a foot of snow on it...  Hopefully see you tomorrow!!

2 minutes ago, MoJoKe said:

Well, I have a car full of Markbass and Markaudio PA, and a steep driveway in the blackdown hills which currently has a foot of snow on it...  Hopefully see you tomorrow!!

Will certainly be along to say hi to you, Mr Lowther and Mr Steele (if he’s there this year) :)

Si

London is much better this morning. Little if any snow overnight and a couple of degrees 'warmer'. All main roads clear, with limited ice on side roads. I'm guessing tomorrow will be better still. Heavy bass showers with occasional funky patches!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

MET OFFICE ALERT -  SEVERE WEATHER HITS GILLETT STAND A0!!

So, what am I doing at home posting this when I should be on the M4 heading for London Olympia?  No prizes for answering that one!  Having enjoyed the best winter weather of just about anywhere in the country, we've been bitten on the bum by the heavy snow that's hit Somerset over the last 24 hours.  The van with our stand is snowed in - as am I, Michael G and our Product Engineer Simon Austen at our respective homes.  So, this morning has been an exercise in damage limitation :facepalm:  The good news is that the show management have been able to build us a plain shell-scheme stand to replace our own wonderful (and expensive) creation and we're planning/hoping to travel tomorrow morning and be on the stand before lunch-time.  In the meantime, we have to get close enough to the stranded van by car to enable the driver to load the stuff we need for the show (e.g. some basses!) on to his kids' sledges and meet us - I kid you not!!

Luckily our friendly bass pro Freddie Draper (he lives in London) will be on our stand around opening time with his own bass and hopefully the couple of combos we're borrowing from Ashdown.  He'll be holding the fort until we arrive so, if you're passing, be sure to say hi to him - and give him a pat on the back!

Scrumpymike

• Like 3