Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread but what’s the policy on ticket transfers? A friend of mine is offering me one of his weekend tickets - he bought 1 and won the other but only needs 1 of them for himself. Apparently the spare ticket has got his name on it and we’re not sure if that means I’ll be turned away at the door?? 

13 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

Apologies if this has already been covered earlier in the thread but what’s the policy on ticket transfers? A friend of mine is offering me one of his weekend tickets - he bought 1 and won the other but only needs 1 of them for himself. Apparently the spare ticket has got his name on it and we’re not sure if that means I’ll be turned away at the door?? 

@bassguitarshow

1 hour ago, TRBboy said:

Really hoping the weather doesn't cause any travel disruptions for the weekend...... O.o

I've been thinking the same thing.  I'm coming with a friend - travelling down Friday and making a weekend of it.  The plan was I would drive from Brum to Leicester where she lives. Then leave my car there and she will drive down to London (I don't do driving in London!).  But if it snows on Friday I really don't want to drive to Leicester, as I'm quite a cautious driver. So I might get the train down and meet her there. But then what if the trains stop running?  And I really need to make the decision on Thursday otherwise I won't be able to buy an advance ticket. 

I wish I could stop fretting about it! o.O

Edited by seashell
typo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ped said:

I'm getting the train from York so I hope that's OK - last time the one in front of us was delayed by an hour because there was a balloon on the line. Guess we won't know until we get to the station (at 6am!)

You're probably blowing that up out of all proportion :hi:

Si

Edited by Sibob
  • Haha 2

I've only been checking for my area  (west Midlands) but currently met office showing light snow all day Thurs, heavy snow all day Fri, and light snow all day Sat. I'm going on Sunday, was planning to drive to Ruislip and get the train in again. Fingers crossed! 

Not wishing to be the purveyor of bad tidings but it has barely stopped snowingfor 24 hrs in N Kent - there's about 150 mm of lying snow, and an amber warning for another 10 cm to 1000 am tomorrow. And thunder and lightning earlier this evening - there's a yellow warning for every day until Saturday for heavy snow....

I wouldn't bet without transport problems Friday and Saturday anywhere in the south - it was chaotic here this morning even on the major routes. Wind chill plus low temperatures stops the salt from working. 

• Sad 2