Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

3 hours ago, Harryburke14 said:

very tempted to go but no one to go with :|

Anyone from Birmingham fancy making the trip down with me?

I would not worry about going alone. I always do and there are plenty of people to speak to there, especially BC people and even a BC stand. PS I will be there for both days, albeit leaving mid afternoon on Saturday.

Edited by Bobthedog

2 hours ago, Harryburke14 said:

very tempted to go but no one to go with :|

Anyone from Birmingham fancy making the trip down with me?

Well, I'll likely go, so may spot you there (it'll be the Saturday for me).

Remember to take some earplugs!!!

Just booked my ticket for the Sunday!

Last year's was the first thing that I really did after starting to be a bassplayer again after many years gap.  I felt a bit out of it, almost a fraud, and probably didn't enjoy it as much as I should have done.

This time however, I shall be going in with commitment, enthusiasm and a ready credit card!! xD

At last , somebody I want to see..

Bobby Vega to perform

We are pretty excited that the legendary Bobby Vega will take to the LBGS stages. “I’m really looking forward to the whole event!,” he says. “I'll focus heavily on the Bay Area sound, music from the likes of Tower Of Power, Cold Blood, Sly Stone and Etta James to name a few. I'll be playing and demonstrating a selection of feels and grooves and inviting some players to come up on stage and play.” Widely known for his love of vintage Fender instruments, Bobby currently endorses Glockenklang amplification, but for the show, he'll be putting a ProAmp setup through its paces. His only piece of advice for showgoers is to “keep your ears and mind open at all times!”

3 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

No, the schedule isn't on the website yet. 

This has put me off making the journey. The costs and hassle associated with an event hosted in London can be prohibitive, especially for those travelling from out of town, and decisions to attend may be quite specific to justify the significant outlay. For something as niche as bass geekery, it's particularly important to be detailed in your planning IMO.

15 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

Yes, but not who will be performing on which day yet.

EDIT: Oh wait, yes it is. You have to search a bit but then here it is. I think Bobby will perform on Sunday afternoon.

Has this been published in the last week or so? I couldn't find any schedule information on the website when I last checked.

The updating of the website has been absolutely awful, it resulted in me ordering a ticket for the wrong day (although I’ve been told by the organisers that I can use it on either day, let’s hope that turns out o be true). Bobby Vega is someone who could sway me one way or the other, but still no confirmation of which day, which is weird as they sent me an email informing me of BV’s addition, you’d think they’d know in advance of communications being sent out.

22 hours ago, TheGreek said:

One of things that's putting me off is that many of the performers have been regurgitated from previous shows.

Bobby Vega is the only person I haven't already seen who is mildly interesting to me.

Maybe so - but who wouldn't want to look at the Mona Lisa over and over again? I'll happily pay to see Bobby Vega / Steve Lawson and Guy Pratt 365 days a year! 

• Like 2