Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

4 hours ago, Steve Lawson said:

indeed I will. I'll be around the whole time - looking forward to catching up with many of you :) :) 

Good. I saw your performance at the South East show, and you offered a deal on your albums on a  USB drive. I wanted one, but didn`t have the cash. Are  you offering a deal similar? If you are , I am there on the Saturday, and will seek you out to buy one

• Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 02:01, timmo said:

Good. I saw your performance at the South East show, and you offered a deal on your albums on a  USB drive. I wanted one, but didn`t have the cash. Are  you offering a deal similar? If you are , I am there on the Saturday, and will seek you out to buy one

Yup, will definitely have USB Sticks available over the weekend! Or check out the subscription offer at http://stevelawson.bandcamp.com/subscribe - same cost, slightly different set of material (if you subscribe before the show, come see me at the show and get the USB Stick half price ;)

1 minute ago, mindprint said:

Hi Guys. Just joined the forum the other day but I am coming to the event and am quite excited. Thanks for the discount code ask well. See you there.

Great!! See you there, and welcome to the site.

6 minutes ago, ezbass said:

I'm quite cross that the organisers never responded to my email enquiry about the schedule and have only just updated the main stage and masterclass pages which means I'm going on the wrong day! :angry2:

The organisation of these shows are somewhat haphazard at best! 

On ‎30‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:41, Silvia Bluejay said:

I have been assured that there's a lot of activity behind the scenes, but the organisers are choosing not to make announcements yet. Exhibitors and stars are being booked as we speak, a large number of them are confirmed, and names will start to trickle out soon. :)

I've booked my ticket for this year but not my travel arrangements yet as I'm waiting to see what artists are going to be there. I really enjoyed my last few visits but currently it seems a very similar line up to previous years. I wish the organisers would release the full artist list earlier rather than this trickle they tend to do as I think many (like myself) who live outside of London need to plan in advance for transport and hotels etc. The closer it gets to the event the less likely I am to attend due to the increase in costs for late booking >:( I am sure that there's a good marketing reason they drip feed us with "artist announcements" but to me at this late stage it always "appears" as if even they don't know who's going to be there! I can't think of any other musical event that I would go to without knowing the lineup!

If I lived closer and could just jump on a local train or bus I would be at the show every time but when coming down for the full show could cost me near on £500 I start looking around at what GAS I can feed with that cash instead :D Anyway......semi-rant over and I've got my fingers crossed that I can still make it.

2 hours ago, ezbass said:

I'm quite cross that the organisers never responded to my email enquiry about the schedule and have only just updated the main stage and masterclass pages which means I'm going on the wrong day! :angry2:

Have you asked if they'll swap your days?

Si

44 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Have you asked if they'll swap your days?

Si

No, I haven't. I may do that, but I'm just too cross about the whole thing at the moment, plus it would require them to actually answer an enquiry.

7 minutes ago, ezbass said:

No, I haven't. I may do that, but I'm just too cross about the whole thing at the moment, plus it would require them to actually answer an enquiry.

I'd absolutely suggest doing that, rather than continuing to get angry at something you might not need to. Without wanting to speak for them, I can't imagine they'd have a problem swapping your ticket, it's a legit reason.
But yes, if they're being slow replying to enquiries, that's frustrating.

Si

1 hour ago, Sibob said:

I'd absolutely suggest doing that, rather than continuing to get angry at something you might not need to. Without wanting to speak for them, I can't imagine they'd have a problem swapping your ticket, it's a legit reason.
But yes, if they're being slow replying to enquiries, that's frustrating.

Si

Well, I've sent them an email, marked high priority and we'll see what we see. I'm not holding my breath though. :(