Why become a member? ×

London bass guitar show 2018

ScOtTy83

On 12/7/2017 at 16:21, police squad said:

any idea if Guy is doing both days?

They don't seem to have revealed the timetable yet - I'll keep the forum posted if I get any more info.

Incidentally, I've finally published the 2017 blog (https://goo.gl/z7UPA4), with a few cool photos of our team, and it's good to know BC will be there again. :)

Edited by Silvia Bluejay

57 minutes ago, T-Bay said:

Is it worth going to the Bingley Hall event as well? It’s close to me but wondering if there will be many basses/ bass related stuff there.

It's 90 per cent guitar but if you like trudging around gear and getting in on that sort of vibe, it's not actually a bad show.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Camc27 said:

I can’t wait. I’m a novice player but make sure I make it to this every year. :)

I really like seeing "novice" players at the show. I think it's actually pretty annoying to see and hear fast showy players all day. I don't wanna hear a gazillion notes on a fancy bass all day. I want to hear how a bass sounds if you play bass on it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BassAgent said:

I honestly don't know those guys. Should I be embarrassed?

Not at all, unless you’re a Thunder fan, you probably won’t have heard of them. However, both of them have great rock and pop  credentials having played with a wide array of other bands beyond Thunder.

On 12/22/2017 at 19:49, BassAgent said:

I honestly don't know those guys. Should I be embarrassed?

The only reason I knew who they were is because Danny Bose, who is the vocalist, does a slot on Planet Rock. I did buy the greatest hits on the strength of that, and they are actually very good in my opinion.