Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-40 £300 on Gumtree

Acebassmusic

1 hour ago, Acebassmusic said:

No idea who the seller is.

The "Geneva" sticker on the back might be a clue - they were 90s Aberdeen indie/alt rock band, made a couple of albums for Suede's label in the Britpop era.

Met them briefly in a Glasgow studio in 1995 or 6 - think they were recording their debut album, can't remember if the bassist had a T-40 though!

8 minutes ago, ash said:

I’ve emailed him asking if he’d post it. I love T40s! 

Hold on a minute....  a while back there was a guy on Gumtree selling a USA 1970s Fender for silly money. I'm sure he was claiming to be in Aberdeen.  It was a scam. He works on the basis that folk will ask for it to be posted, but the bass never arrives.

If it looks too good to be true... it almost certainly is too good to be true.

3 minutes ago, Grangur said:

Hold on a minute....  a while back there was a guy on Gumtree selling a USA 1970s Fender for silly money. I'm sure he was claiming to be in Aberdeen.  It was a scam. He works on the basis that folk will ask for it to be posted, but the bass never arrives.

Yep I remember that good point! Would be interesting to see if we get replies...

11 hours ago, Grangur said:

Yep I remember that good point! Would be interesting to see if we get replies...

12 hours ago, Grangur said:

I honestly don't think a scammer would choose a Peavey...

Aberdeen is certainly a scammer location though, but reckon this one is fine..

• 3 weeks later...