Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Sterling by Music Man Ray35 (black with matching headstock) - £580
£580

jonnypf

EDIT: I have currently withdrawn this bass from sale. Funny thing is, I cleaned and set it up & put new strings on it in preparation to sell it, and then started playing it again and I've fallen back in love with it. There is always a chance I'll put it back on the market again though (we all often change our minds back and forth don't we).

In my ongoing efforts to slim down my bass collection, I have decided I can only justify having one 5 string bass. So sadly I have decided to sell this Sterling by Musicman Ray35 (black with matching headstock), asking for £580.

This bass plays and sounds great and is in really good condition, just a few very small marks which are barely noticeable (I have tried to show them in the photos below). It has a nice bit of flaming on the maple neck wood. The bass has only been gigged a handful of times and is currently set up with a nice low action and custom gauge Slinkys: 40, 60, 75, 95, 125. One of the nicest playing 5 strings I have played (I have owned German Warwicks and Laklands) - this bass is very comfortable and holds its own performance wise against my USA Classic Stingray 4!

As I would prefer not to mess around with sending this bass via delivery, I would prefer to sell it to someone who will collect in person. I am based in South London (Zone 2 SE17), very close to a tube station on the Northern line, so easy to get to. I am in no rush to sell.

- Comes from a pet and smoke free home
- The bass is a decent weight for a 5, never had any problems when gigging it.
- No trades sorry, I have too many basses.

Offical blurb:
The Sterling By Musicman Ray35 is based on the Music Man Stingray5, offering a nut width of 45mm (or 1.77 in) for a comfortable feel at the first position. 3 way switch offers Series and Parallel Pickup/wiring combinations.
Specs:
Solid Lightweight Swamp Ash
Maple neck, Rosewood Fretboard
Nut Width: 45mm (1.77")
21 frets
Music Man Designed 6 bolt Neck Joint
Music Man 5 string spacing: 17.5mm
Music Man Designed Humbucking Pickup
Music Man Designed 3 band Active Preamp
Music Man Designed Bridge w/ Stainless Steel Saddles
34" Scale
Open Gear Heavy Duty Tuners
Bespoke Truss Rod Wheel Adjuster

I will include a gig bag with the bass.

Pics: https://imgur.com/a/tVTqF

BIlajK8.jpg

dCXT0lb.jpg

Edited by jonnypf
Withdrawn from sale

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, these 5 string SBMM Ray35 basses are remarkably close to the USA basses aren't they.
I would be keeping it if I just didn't have too many bass guitars already, plus I have the Stingray Classic 4 for my Stingray cravings.

I may be up for posting the bass within the UK at the buyers expense.

Edited by jonnypf