Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

30 minutes ago, discreet said:

Ahhh, that's even better. So I can be anonymous AND check that I'm still alive. Great! :)

While I'm on, I don't seem to be getting email notifications. Where do I switch that on, please?

Notification settings - click the little bell in the top right, the settings are at the top right of that popup. Make sure you scroll down to see the whole list of settings.

Things like that I'm going to do some video tutorials on, so people know how to do some of the new functions. Many are quite clear and easy but some are ether a bit hidden or more complicated for the less computer savvy.

I have lots of practice after showing my mum how to send a text message.

Hey hey!

Could we set the notification defaults in settings so that:

1. Email reply notifications are automatically set to 'on'
  2. 'Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community' is selected by default

It'll really help to keep the discussion moving :-)

5 minutes ago, wateroftyne said:

Hey hey!

Could we set the notification defaults in settings so that:

1. Email reply notifications are automatically set to 'on'
  2. 'Only send one email notification for content I follow until I revisit the community' is selected by default

It'll really help to keep the discussion moving :-)

We’ve set it like that for new members. For current members we’ll do it too but predict some will be angry about us changing it so we’ll do a postie and set a date. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dazed said:

Everyone's avatar has disappeared tonight for me. Also the Basschat Logo at the top of the screen. 

This is on the mobile platform. 

A bit more info on this.....

if I open a thread or forum with multiple pages I don't see avatars just a white circle where they would be. If I go to the next page of the thread or forum the avatars appear. If I then go back the avatars are still there and appearing on the 1st page I opened.

If I leave that thread or forum avatars are gone again. When I return to that thread or forum I get the same as above; 1st page no avatars, other pages avatars show. Ive just realised its not just avatars but smileys and the 'Like' button is also blank.  

Im not seeing the main BC logo/link on any page. 

Banner Ads aren't displaying properly- I sometimes see an Elixir ad but the other space is a blank box. Sometimes both are Elixir, sometimes both blank. 

All of these were ok earlier (I think) but definitely ok yesterday. 

Is it related to the SSL change? 

Edited by Dazed
Updated

7 minutes ago, charic said:

His name is spelled with an upper-case 'D' in the feedback thread title, but his member name is spelt with a lower-case 'd' otherwise. That's probably why a search failed to find it. Ironically, because the search engine is working properly for the first time in ten years! :D

Edited by discreet

1 minute ago, discreet said:

His name is spelled with an upper-case 'D' in the feedback thread, but his member name is spelt with a lower-case 'd' otherwise. That's probably why a search failed to find it. Ironically, because the search engine is working properly for the first time in ten years! :D

The search engine is currently limited to the last year aswell while I get everything stable, then we'll start stretching its legs :D

3 minutes ago, charic said:

The search engine is currently limited to the last year aswell while I get everything stable, then we'll start stretching its legs :D

Holy crap, we may even be able to search for things that are in thread texts instead of trying to search for stuff in titles, and still failing to find it!