Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

Having troubles with Outlook, I went to Gmail, what a bad idea : there's an automatic feature by default that erase your trash, fine, but don't push erase when there's nothing in the trash, it will delete the reception page showed. Not so funny !

I think I'll go back to Thunderbird in the end, which is what I use on my Linux based PC without a single problem.

That said for my Android and Windows machines I switched backnto the new version of Outlook, sometimes a bit slow, but not stupidly automatic designed by default.

May have found a bug that is not listed yet (i did a search, but did not read the whole thread).

Scrolling through a thread, using the mouse wheel whilst the mouse pointer was at the right side of the screen, a post author's user name appeared as:

[e-mail address suppressed]

or similar. The user was called M@23 if I remember correctly.

I seem to remember that hovering the mouse pointer over the name then revealed the user name, after which it stayed there - also after more scrolling and hovering.

Will report back if I see it again.

Edited by BassTractor

I can’t use the site on my mobile at home using WiFi although it works on WiFi from my iPad. I’m using 4G at the moment. When I try using WiFi it says the safari cannot connect to the server as it isn’t secure. Very odd but frustrating too. 

1 hour ago, ash said:

I can’t use the site on my mobile at home using WiFi although it works on WiFi from my iPad. I’m using 4G at the moment. When I try using WiFi it says the safari cannot connect to the server as it isn’t secure. Very odd but frustrating too. 

Does your mobile connect to the website on other WiFi networks apart from home?

36 minutes ago, discreet said:

How many 'reactions' do we get daily? Can we have more, please? So much great stuff happens on the forum I just don't have enough reactions to react to it all...

Take the pills. They give 'em to you to help you. Take the pills. :|

2 hours ago, Hamster said:

Does your mobile connect to the website on other WiFi networks apart from home?

No it doesn’t it’s odd as it behaves itself with my iPad on WiFi - there isn’t a problem. I’ve just uploaded some pics on one of my ads using my mobile but used 4G as it continued to reject the server  when I attempted to use WiFi. 

2 hours ago, ash said:

No it doesn’t it’s odd as it behaves itself with my iPad on WiFi - there isn’t a problem. I’ve just uploaded some pics on one of my ads using my mobile but used 4G as it continued to reject the server  when I attempted to use WiFi. 

Is the time on your mobile synchronised? If not, manually set it to the correct time to the nearest second. See if that helps.

11 hours ago, ped said:

Clear your cookies and cache on your phone, it’s probably not picked up the new DNS settings since the server change. 

So I tried that and it’s still happening look - when I switched back to 4G. It works fine on all other sites and forums and Basschat works as it ought to on my iPad via WiFi 

F2D9363A-EEA5-45F9-ADFA-AD7EC5D2961E.png

D652115A-21D1-4AF2-8063-C63448E229E5.png

10 hours ago, ash said:

It’s also interesting that when attempting to load the site on WiFi the small security padlock icon is missing in the search field when using 4G the padlock is there.

From what I've read it's either a browser or router issue.

First, can you try a different browser? If possible one that hasn't been on your device previously (don't import any settings into it if it has an option)

If that doesn't work unplug your router for a minute. Once rebooted and reconnted give it another go :)

On ‎17‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:53, ped said:

There are some email problems at the moment - for now if you check your spam and whitelist the email it should fix but we're working on a fix our end..

What does "whitelist" mean - my notifications are going to junk-mail folder, assume this is the fix but no idea of technical terminology.

5 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

What does "whitelist" mean...

In IT jargon, it's the opposite of 'blacklisting', which indicates unwanted stuff. 'Whitelist' means 'This is OK, and wanted'. As indicated above, you probably have the option, in the 'Spam' folder, of selecting 'This is not 'Spam' or similar for messages that you want to receive.

Hope this helps.