Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

52 minutes ago, prowla said:

I guess this has already been noted, but the picture links in old threads  don't seem to be working (I get some markup and the name of the jpg file in square brackets).

I'm guessing that was an attachment rather than a link :)

4 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

I cant find my feedback via the search box.......

Tried - Mudpup, mudpup, Feedback for Mudpup (which is what the actual title is...), Feedback+for+Mudpup

My guess is that it was outside of the current search index (1 year).  I'll be starting to push it back soon but I'll find your link for you in a sec :) 

Just now, charic said:

My guess is that it was outside of the current search index (1 year).  I'll be starting to push it back soon but I'll find your link for you in a sec :) 

Ah, could be.....

Dont worry no rush, i found it eventually by scrolling through the thread for 20 minutes and i have it linked in my profile now. I was just a bit concerned no one could find me as i'm looking to buy something at the moment

1 minute ago, Mudpup said:

Ah, could be.....

Dont worry no rush, i found it eventually by scrolling through the thread for 20 minutes and i have it linked in my profile now. I was just a bit concerned no one could find me as i'm looking to buy something at the moment

11 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

What's with the Watts? (below the avatar) Have I missed something, how do they get increased?

It's just when someone likes a post :)

It used to be called reputation but I thought it should be something a bit more... Bassy :P

• Like 1

I'll admit I haven't read all the previous pages but having not been on for a while and now finding the site upgraded, I now also find that I can't see a lot of the pictures that are being posted (I'm a Mac user if that helps). Any suggestions?

• Confused 1

30 minutes ago, 4000 said:

I'll admit I haven't read all the previous pages but having not been on for a while and now finding the site upgraded, I now also find that I can't see a lot of the pictures that are being posted (I'm a Mac user if that helps). Any suggestions?

Can you screenshot an example please?

Found out how to delete (or at least hide) posts in threads using Options. But can this facility be included in PM conversation threads too, please? I liked the previous set-up where you could keep a conversation going indefinitely by deleting previous irrelevant posts without having to start a new conversation.

Edited by discreet

Ok, not a bug, but a feature that's irritating me, and not sure where else to mention it:

On any of the topic/post listings pages, the 'tag' graphics are unnecessarily prominent - their bright orange colour on pages that are otherwise largely monochrome makes them much more eye-catching than the topic titles. This seems kinda weird for what's really a relatively minor feature, no? I would prefer them to be a fairly inconspicuous grey colour, so I can read them if I want to, rather than having them burnt onto my retinas...

Sorry to moan, I know you've got much bigger fish to fry...!