Why become a member? ×

Site Bugs - List them here

BigRedX

Question

I can't see a thread for reporting general site bugs and other weirdness, so I thought it might be a good idea to list them all in one place. If one does already exist, please merge this thread with it.

1. New posts don't always bump a thread up to the top of the list in a forum. I've seen this happen twice this morning, where someone had replied to a thread, but it still is in the place in the thread list where it was before the new post was made. Is this just a side effect of Basschat currently being slow in general or something different?

2. Marking content as read. There is an inconsistency in how this works. If I click the "Mark forum as read" text at the top of a forum listing I get a warning dialog box pop up asking me if I am sure. However if I mark a forum as read by clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon next to it the the forums list then there is no warning. IMO either the warning should apply to both actions, or it should only apply to clicking the "Speech Bubble" icon as this is easier to do by mistake.

3. No full editor for those of us who like to be a bit more creative with our BB tags and layout.

4. PMs from the old site have not migrated over. I can't remember seeing anything specific in the site migration threads that said "all you old PMs will be lost when the new version of the site goes live"

I'm sure there will be more to come...

Not a bug ( or maybe it is ? )  but someone sent me a message, but it was not in my message inbox.  A kind of sticky note appeared

and i didnt get to read it, because i had a PM at the same time. The weird note disappeared while i was reading a PM, and it never came back

12 minutes ago, fleabag said:

Not a bug ( or maybe it is ? )  but someone sent me a message, but it was not in my message inbox.  A kind of sticky note appeared and i didnt get to read it, because i had a PM at the same time. The weird note disappeared while i was reading a PM, and it never came back

That was a message from the dark side telling you to buy more milk.

10 minutes ago, Mudpup said:

Pardon my stupidity but whats the difference between a sticky note and a message?

Just sent you a sticky note so you can see!

A PM is probably easier for most people but we wanted to be able to post sticky notes as admin because we can be sure that every member sees them when we post them to 'all'. We decided to enable it for everyone because what the hell :) 

3 hours ago, KiOgon said:

Is there a way to clear/delete notifications once received and read? I think I've looked in all the right places but can't find it - if it's there!

Yup, still looking for this myself. Notes box is looking real choc a bloc right now

23 hours ago, Dazed said:

A bit more info on this.....

if I open a thread or forum with multiple pages I don't see avatars just a white circle where they would be. If I go to the next page of the thread or forum the avatars appear. If I then go back the avatars are still there and appearing on the 1st page I opened.

If I leave that thread or forum avatars are gone again. When I return to that thread or forum I get the same as above; 1st page no avatars, other pages avatars show. Ive just realised its not just avatars but smileys and the 'Like' button is also blank.  

Im not seeing the main BC logo/link on any page. 

Banner Ads aren't displaying properly- I sometimes see an Elixir ad but the other space is a blank box. Sometimes both are Elixir, sometimes both blank. 

All of these were ok earlier (I think) but definitely ok yesterday. 

Is it related to the SSL change? 

@charic

Any news on this ? 

It also doesn't display any pics on threads, which for a pic driven GAS whore like me is getting painful! xD help me out I'm doin cold turkey here! 

Some people have very large avatars at the moment and so resizing them takes a lot of processing (I'll be editing at the weekend most likely to shrink them a bit)

The load times of the images is the site making itself run faster as it were. Prioritising the text over images to keep the site usable for Mobile users on a slower connection rather than leave the site in a loading state.

I'll see what I can do :)

1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

Has the date format of quotes been mentioned yet?

I noticed that we have month/day/year instead of the more intuitive and British day/month/year.  Have we got to have it like that?

That's strange, are you talking about old ones or new ones?