Why become a member? ×

Captcha

tom1946

Hi all, I can't do anything without invoking captcha! Send an email? captcha, alter an advert? bloody captcha again. This is a dealbreaker for me because I'm old and haven't got enough time left to be clicking on hundreds of pics with cars on. Might seem trivial but if I have to do this every time I write something I'll probably not come here again.

Tom.

21 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

Hi all, I can't do anything without invoking captcha! Send an email? captcha, alter an advert? bloody captcha again. This is a dealbreaker for me because I'm old and haven't got enough time left to be clicking on hundreds of pics with cars on. Might seem trivial but if I have to do this every time I write something I'll probably not come here again.

Tom.

Chances are our new security software thinks you're a threat for some reason drop me a on if it's still happening in a few hours

I'm getting these (captchas) now.  I had four of the buggers just to make one reply elsewhere.  I had another when I updated my profile location.  I have no problem with profile changes going through security but it is not acceptable for posting replies where previously I was unhindered.

I resent having to prove that I am human.  I have done nothing different at this end.  It's like I am no longer welcome to contribute to the forum.  Crikey, it's difficult enough convincing myself I am human first thing in the morning without some machine questioning my humanity too!

I am in read-only mode until I know I don't have to do them any more.

I got no answer to my mention of missing quotes after editing old forum posts so I know things are hectic in the back office.

Trouble is, I have no more shelves to put up while waiting for a resolution.  Time for a long break.

5 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I'm getting these (captchas) now.  I had four of the buggers just to make one reply elsewhere.  I had another when I updated my profile location.  I have no problem with profile changes going through security but it is not acceptable for posting replies where previously I was unhindered.

I resent having to prove that I am human.  I have done nothing different at this end.  It's like I am no longer welcome to contribute to the forum.  Crikey, it's difficult enough convincing myself I am human first thing in the morning without some machine questioning my humanity too!

I am in read-only mode until I know I don't have to do them any more.

I got no answer to my mention of missing quotes after editing old forum posts so I know things are hectic in the back office.

Trouble is, I have no more shelves to put up while waiting for a resolution.  Time for a long break.

Your access has been sorted mate, something you did (god knows what, I've asked some security bods) triggered a security protocol.  I've asked them to look at the settings so that it affects as few members as possible while still blocking the baddies.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tom1946 said:

I also noticed that the 'delete' option on posts is missing. I used this to keep my threads tidy so I don't have 3 pages of bumps.

I need to have a look at the settings and work out what's happened there, but there is now a bump button to help with that (there's a small bug with that too... I'm on it)

7 minutes ago, charic said:

Your access has been sorted mate, something you did (god knows what, I've asked some security bods) triggered a security protocol.  I've asked them to look at the settings so that it affects as few members as possible while still blocking the baddies.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Many thanks Charic.  The only thing I do that might be upsetting your system is to block Mediaplex scripts.  That is due to their poor reputation for tracking and misuse by malicious entities.

You have been the first recipient of a reaction button click from me - ever.  Enjoy it.  It's not like I'm going to be using emojis or anything anytime soon though.

[Lurk-mode disengaged]

2 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

Many thanks Charic.  The only thing I do that might be upsetting your system is to block Mediaplex scripts.  That is due to their poor reputation for tracking and misuse by malicious entities.

You have been the first recipient of a reaction button click from me - ever.  Enjoy it.  It's not like I'm going to be using emojis or anything anytime soon though.

[Lurk-mode disengaged]

Oh were you running scripts against the site? If so that would make a lot of sense as to why it had picked you out :)