Why become a member? ×

The nadir of my musical career...

wateroftyne

21 hours ago, taunton-hobbit said:

In total desperation I played Hot Chocolate 'You Sexy Thing' to a New Years Eve party of the living dead.

It worked - for about two minutes, until some ba8tard who had been boozing all day had a heart attack

& killed the night for everyone - sad to say he survived (I'm all heart).

:)

In my defence - the guest actually had died - it was lucky that there was a trained paramedic amongst the 'revellers' who managed to get him to restart.

:angry2:

On 11/16/2017 at 13:58, Happy Jack said:

A few years back we were offered a pub gig in a rural village, but only on condition that we played Sweet Caroline.

We assumed that this was intended to be humorous but we rehearsed the song anyway and went to the gig ready to take the piss all the way through.

Hit the opening notes and ... the entire pub froze, stopped whatever they were doing, stood up, and sang along to the entire song.

It was the pub's song, and every band who played there had to be able to play Sweet Caroline.

I imagine there was a back story to it, but we fled into the night without discovering it.

What is it about that number? We have to do it time & time again all over Limassol. I feel I ought to have a bag over my head in case anyone I know sees me playing a Neil Diamond song!

On the other hand, the professional side of me says, if they want you to play crap, and they're paying you to play crap, then you have to put good taste to one side and play crap. You don't have to enjoy it, though.