Why become a member? ×

New Site Features

ped

I certainly DID read the notification about backing up PM's because all messages will be lost. That's why I have, you know, backed up my PM's before the switch over date. BassChat did it's best to let everyone know. I managed to get the message ok and I was under piles and piles of vomit these last couple of weeks.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, dood said:

I certainly DID read the notification about backing up PM's because all messages will be lost. That's why I have, you know, backed up my PM's before the switch over date. BassChat did it's best to let everyone know. I managed to get the message ok and I was under piles and piles of vomit these last couple of weeks.

Don't go all spinal tap on us

New site is beautiful and a pleasure to use :D, well done!

Pity about the PMs - they were useful for sale & trade history.

Fortunately I managed to find most of my conversations in my gmail, using search term:

basschat personal conversation

May be helpful to others

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ped and team, you have done a great job. I have undergone other fora migrations in the past and this has been as smooth (and actually beneficial) as any. You tried to warn people but ultimately they have to take responsibility! Lead a horse to water... 

SO let's all concentrate on the whizzy new positives :biggrin:

11 minutes ago, Netballman said:

Ped and team, you have done a great job. I have undergone other fora migrations in the past and this has been as smooth (and actually beneficial) as any. You tried to warn people but ultimately they have to take responsibility! Lead a horse to water... 

SO let's all concentrate on the whizzy new positives :biggrin:

Things are starting to calm down now :)

Just to echo other's comments, a great job on Basschat TNG.  Just need to fix the cigarette lighter.

I have a question though, that I can't see asked anywhere else - what's Watts?  How do I have some?  How does it work?  Are they tube, s/s or Class D?

Edited by Tonteee

18 minutes ago, Tonteee said:

Just to echo other's comments, a great job on Basschat TNG.  Just need to fix the cigarette lighter.

I have a question though, that I can't see asked anywhere else - what's Watts?  How do I have some?  How does it work?  Are they tube, s/s or Class D?

They come from people liking your comments :) basically they're there for a bit of fun

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Tonteee said:

Further to Rik's comments, the watts are Class H

• Haha 2

Ped out of interest what was so wholly incompatible about the PMs?

Surely the pertinent bits are dates and times, indexed links to the users involved, content - there was no way to massage this into the new format? 

Just doesn't, on the face of it, seem very difficult. Would love to know the technical bits if you have any time to explain.

4 minutes ago, AustinArto said:

Ped out of interest what was so wholly incompatible about the PMs?

Surely the pertinent bits are dates and times, indexed links to the users involved, content - there was no way to massage this into the new format? 

Just doesn't, on the face of it, seem very difficult. Would love to know the technical bits if you have any time to explain.

The formatting is different and especially the security settings are laid out differently I found that whenever I tried it I was never 100% confident that only the people involved in those messages would be able to see them which posed a rather large security risk.

Like everything new it takes a little while to get used to and get your preferences set right but it does seem to be a very worthwhile upgrade and genuinely better than the old software.

Knowing how long such things take it’s a big thanks from me for all the hard work by everyone involved.

• Thanks 1