Why become a member? ×

after a new cab... but which one?

RockfordStone

I currently have an Ampeg SVT 3 pro and a 410HLF cab to go with it, and whilst it has served me well i don't gig or play all that often, so looking to downsize.

Rather than replace everything, i'm considering keeping the head, but replacing the cab with something smaller, perhaps a 2x10 (maybe a 2x12 but not sure i would save much space).

I am looking for a good cab to pair with it for not a massive amount of money.

Any recommendations?

Any 112 cab would do for home use. Every manufacturer has one but, depending on the make, maybe 1 wouldn't be enough.

The only single 112 cab I'd try to gig with would be a Barefaced.

Could you keep the 410 in the garage and get a BF One10 for the house?

If you like the Ampeg sound, look out for a SVT210HE. You'll have to get a used one as they're no longer made. I had one and it was a great sounding cab, reasonably portable and US built. I was tempted to get another for a larger rig, but it was a bit awkward to get up the narrow stairs to my flat at my advanced age, so I sold it and went lightweight. Can't fault the sound, though.

23 hours ago, chris_b said:

Any 112 cab would do for home use. Every manufacturer has one but, depending on the make, maybe 1 wouldn't be enough.

The only single 112 cab I'd try to gig with would be a Barefaced.

Could you keep the 410 in the garage and get a BF One10 for the house?

to be honest, the 410 already sits in the garage.

my main reasoning is that i am starting to return to the band scene and have discovered that i want to travel more lightweight than I have in the past