Why become a member? ×

Transcription of Chamber Mates

tinyd

Hi all - I was working through @geoffbassist's lesson on playing Chamber Mates with the bow - I found the rhythm a bit tricky so I had a go at transcribing the head. Here's the transcription if anyone's interested and please let me know if there are any mistakes as I'm no expert when it comes to dots. I posted this to the Theory forum as well but I took the liberty of posting here as it's a good example of something to play with the bow.

Cheers

Chamber Mates.pdf

Edited by tinyd
  • Like 2

I'm very impressed that you can transcrbe by ear!!  What a useful skill.

I was looking for the chord chart to go with it, but neither the Real Book nor iRealPro have it.

There's a whole book of them (transcriptions with chords) here though (at a price!):

https://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/sheet-music/products/8129911--jim-stinnett-secret-chambers-a-comparative-analysis

https://www.bassbooks.com/shopping/products/1054-secret-chambers/

@NickA, unfortunately I can't really claim the ability to transcribe by ear, I had a couple of great apps on my phone to help me - the first to slow down and loop the track and the second to enter the score (Audipo and Chaconne respectively). So it was "by ear" in the sense of not having a bass with me, but I needed to be able to loop a few times before I could get it.

The tune itself is a standard Bb jazz blues so you should be able to play the melody over the one that's in iRealPro I think. TheJim Stinnett book looks great but it is pricey alright... Maybe a nice Xmas pressie to myself...

Edited by tinyd