Why become a member? ×

PM's and Yellow Stickies

yorks5stringer

As some may know, I was having issues with a fellow BC member who despite having something for sale has steadfastly ignored my PM's and messages I left on his For Sale item thread. In fact I started stalking him by posting messages to him on threads he was viewing, to no avail! This was all on the old version of Basschat last week. I can only assume he was on a Mobile version of BC and did not have PM alerts enabled?

Can anyone explain  on the new version of site, if I send him a sticky will he definitely get it, even if on a Mobile device, and ditto re a PM? Forgot to add, on the old system you could see if someone had read your PM, is there this facility with  the new PM's/sticky?

Cheers

Keith

Edited by yorks5stringer

I've seen the new, exciting Sticky note as you open the home page, telling me to go and look at certain pages about the features.

I've clicked the "X" to close the sticky and gone to the thread; as instructed, but it KEEPS coming up every time I come to BC.  Are they timed to die at some stage?

Am i missing something I should do to kill this thing?... Please?

Just now, Grangur said:

I've seen the new, exciting Sticky note as you open the home page, telling me to go and look at certain pages about the features.

I've clicked the "X" to close the sticky and gone to the thread; as instructed, but it KEEPS coming up every time I come to BC.  Are they timed to die at some stage?

Am i missing something I should do to kill this thing?... Please?

It shouldn’t appear again after being removed. TBH I’ve had to change it so much it’s probably confused. I’ll get rid of it soon

Just now, ped said:

It shouldn’t appear again after being removed. TBH I’ve had to change it so much it’s probably confused. I’ll get rid of it soon

If you've reactivated then make sure it's not marked as "new" as everyone we change one then one marked as new reappears for everyone.

I made that mistake which is probably why it reappeared at least once! Sorry!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, charic said:

If you've reactivated then make sure it's not marked as "new" as everyone we change one then one marked as new reappears for everyone.

I made that mistake which is probably why it reappeared at least once! Sorry!

Hey Ped, please deduct 3 likes from this man. He's doing FAR too well already.  :P