Why become a member? ×

Personal messages

ead

My PMs seem to have disappeared.  I had a around 12 or so lurking around as I tend to hang on to conversations about gear I've sold in case there are any issues.  Did I miss a note about this somewhere?

Great looking update though.

2 minutes ago, ead said:

My PMs seem to have disappeared.  I had a around 12 or so lurking around as I tend to hang on to conversations about gear I've sold in case there are any issues.  Did I miss a note about this somewhere?

Great looking update though.

Thanks!

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't find a way to port across the PMs consistently and had issues ensuring that PMs would only appear between the conversations they were actually between :( there were a few notes sent out about it for around a month before we ported but it looks like a few people missed them.

Enjoy the new site! Hopefully we won't have to do anything anywhere near that major again for the foreseeable!

Yeah I made a mass email to every active member and had three announcements on the go on the old site to advise saving PM details in case they didn’t work in the switchover. Don’t worry, lots of people missed it. If anything it highlights one of he many problems with the old site - I bet lots of those emails failed (though I know man people got theirs) and there was no way of making a clear announcement that everyone would see. So I did my best. Sorry ? 

Best advice is to make contact with people again and maybe check your emails to see if you have copies of PMs there. 

Apologies again but there was nothing else we could do about it. 

4 minutes ago, ead said:

Thanks boys, sorry I missed the update comms.

I don't think anything mission critical was lost apart from Ped's promise to buy me any bass of my choosing for Christmas this year.

Just head to the local fish market and send him a photo of the receipt :D

• Haha 1