Why become a member? ×

Custom Fender Jazz/TBird Mike Lull Pickups PRICE DROP
£1400

LiamD

20171112_155955.thumb.jpg.6968b06f512979472b35840176853803.jpg

Price drop, £1200 or offers considered.

Selling my custom Fender Jazz/Thunderbird a lot of work and quality parts has gone into this, the price listed is the cost of the bass in parts alone, excluding paint and labour.

This was made to my custom spec, and the tone is just thunderous! It's only 1 year old, has played 3 gigs and a few practice sessions. Finished in seafoam green nitro paint, I planned on owning this forever and wanted it to wear just like an old fender. It does have a couple parts where the paint was left thinner and it has worn to the primer - I think this looks great and adds some character. The frets are as new, with little to no wear, as can be seen in the photos.

The only reason I've ended up putting it up for sale is that I'm raising some cash to relocate and I'm also scaling back my bass gear. I'm not fixed on the price so happy to discuss offers.

It will come with a very high quality padded gig bag.

Hers the specs:

One piece Swamp Ash body custom routing

Warmoth Maple neck, Indian rosewood with blocks and binding - Finished in Danish oil for a beautifully smooth satin finish that shows nice grain.

Mike Lull Custom Thunderbird Pickups - £500 alone

Delano 2 band active preamp

Hipshot brass bridge

Schaller tuners and strap lock buttons

Seafoam green nitro finish with matching headstock

Setup and strung with DR High Beams

20171112_152627.jpg

20171112_152732.jpg

20171112_152749.jpg

20171112_152754.jpg

20171112_152800.jpg

20171112_152824.jpg

20171112_152852.jpg

20171112_152915.jpg

20171112_152948.jpg

Edited by LiamD

• 5 weeks later...

I wish I didn't have to part with her to be honest, but unfortunately I need to raise some funds and my band commitments have changed. 

This was my dream build that I'd wanted for years, and she plays and sounds as good as she looks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's definitely unique... as you would would expect it has classic jazz tone combined with very hot thunderbird. The pre amp boosts it, provides plenty of clarity you can just dial as you need it and cuts through the mix well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Laim why didn’t you accept my offer back in the day😀

I’ve since ‘made’ a Lull PT4 out of my p bass!!! If I could make an offer I would but at the minute the timing is terrible. Feel to pm me with what price you were thinking and maybe we can do something? 

Edited by krispn

To be honest the price I've dropped it down to is pretty low for what went into it and how much I love it and don't want to sell it haha. Everytime I receive a message I question whether I should be selling. However it does have to go, I haven't had time to pick up a bass in a few months and the money is needed for relocating. 

• 2 months later...