Why become a member? ×

Plays like butter...

julesb

I like "custom built" or "rare/one off" for a Bitsa. Or "grab a bargain" for something that is being offered for about £50 less than full retail.

Then there are the pals of sellers, who post comments such as "Why is this still for sale? Bargain of the century", etc. To which the response is "Why not buy it yourself, then?"...

49 minutes ago, Bridgehouse said:

"I can't believe I'm selling it" - er, so why are you selling it?

Sometimes, needs must when the devil drives. A couple of times, I've been so broke I've actually contemplated selling my beloved Wal. The very thought makes me shudder.

Just now, Rich said:

Sometimes, needs must when the devil drives. A couple of times, I've been so broke I've actually contemplated selling my beloved Wal. The very thought makes me shudder.

Ha, yes I know what you mean.. 

However, the instances I was referring to is when you see that in an ad from someone who is clearly a bedroom seller.. ;)

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Ah, gotcha. Yup, that's different. ^_^

How about the classic "found in my dead uncle's loft"? Always good for a larf, that one.

Always been surprised at the number I've come across where "a mate left it behind".

£5 here says no BCer has ever taken a bass to a mate and left it and wouldn't want it back unless it was a donation to a good, worthy cause.

18 hours ago, Graham said:

"If you're reading this, you know what it is"

Well, no actually not necesarilly, any chance of some detail?

Oh Christ, I really hate this one. I still don't really understand what they're trying to do. Scare people away? That's what it always does it me. I assume, though, they might be trying to give the instrument an air of exclusivity, most likely to justify the massively inflated price. 

2 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Growl, thumps, mwah...  because technique plays no party in those characteristics... in whatever way you choose to interpret what those characteristics are...

Steady.. or you will be straying into "made out of only the finest quality Tonewoods..."

3 minutes ago, PaulWarning said:

one of the best basses I've ever played, lovely tone,but I've got too many basses so it's got to go........well shouldn't you be selling one of your other basses then?

To be fair, imagine the ribbing if a FS ad started with

"I have too many basses and this one is frankly the worst one of the lot. So I'm selling it.."

1 minute ago, Bridgehouse said:

To be fair, imagine the ribbing if a FS ad started with

"I have too many basses and this one is frankly the worst one of the lot. So I'm selling it.."

dunno, might get the ad more attention xD

and when an amp's being sold the number of times it says "recently serviced", service engineers must be run off their feet