Why become a member? ×

SOLD
£240

mr.noisy

Last price drop, first £200 will take it.

Hey guys, 

So this is a bit crazy, as I have always wanted one of these ever since I tried one in the shops, and finally got it very recently, but I also always wanted to try an upright, and opportunity came to me to get one really really cheap, but my budget still is in a very bad state, so something must go, and I am least attached to this bass.

This is a Sterling by Music Man Sub 5. I am sure that most of the people know how good are basses under the Sterling name, and this is no exception. I wanted it because I always gassed for a stingray, I played many of them, just never could afford to get one, and if I did, I would always end up with something else. when it comes to playability, this I'd say is such a good copy I can't feel the difference, neck is fantastic, absolutely no sharp edges etc, it's nice and straight and action is set quite low without any buzzes. It has a bags of tone and 2 band EQ. Not sure what else I could say about it, it's just an amazing quality bass and I am kinda pushing myself to get rid of it so fast, but that upright.... 

Now, things to mention - obviously it has some minor signs of use, but as usual these are very hard to picture. Just some standard tiny marks and tiny dings here and there that you can catch only at a certain light angle. You will see on one of the pics, that it has some kind of marks on the headstock logo. It was like that when I got it from the previous owner, it looks worse on the pic than in the real life though, but just wanted to be totally honest. Also previous owner had the knobs changed to black with pearlescent top, which I kinda like, it's not flashy or blingy, also black strap locks been fitted on it, but it didn't came with the parts that go on the strap. Luckily I had spare around, but these are silver. 

Bass comes with original Musicman Stingray fitted case, that is quite tatty, but still provides a nice protection. I would take a pics, but it is somewhere in the attic where I put it straight away as I carry all my basses in my Mono gig bag. 

Now, I would highly recommend and prefer collection, or I could potentially deliver within London or meet somewhere half way. I am based in Neasden, London, just off M1 and A406. However, as it comes with a case and you are brave enough then you are more than welcome to organise your own courier. This is only if you can accept the risk, I have came across some stories recently about courier companies damaging or losing the instruments and claiming that insurance is invalid on these items, so I would not take any responsibility for the instrument once it leaves my door step I'm afraid. 

Please check my feedback and get in touch if you would like some more info. Please do not offer me any trades as I need the money for an upright. 

23473116_1567220249982282_3011322342888223472017_1567220256648948_4040644139347023434765_1567220289982278_5756151265947023376584_1567220333315607_1333451040258623379897_1567220366648937_75805840325989

Edited by mr.noisy

• 2 weeks later...

Took it out for a NYE gig last night, and it sounded lovely, cutting through the mix like a warm knife through the butter. 

I know it's kinda long shot, but I would trade for Microkorg or maybe a similar synth as this is what I would use the money for anyway. 

• 4 weeks later...