Jimothey

‘72 style P Bass Kit Build

6 hours ago, Jimothey said:

For some reason I couldn’t get the pickguard etc to fill on Inkscape but this will give you a rough idea B7F1C2F6-8003-49A1-8421-D278ED23B7D0.thumb.jpeg.bbe398309657c85c92de2152def4f85d.jpeg

Pickguard still Black and section of headstock with 1 tuner hole black and the rest Cream 

I like the curve but I'd have it on a matching black plate extended to cover the truss rod access.  The plate could carry an etched graphic to add depth to the design.  Laminated plate would allow you to have colour in the logo.

I'd cut the hole in the plate to clear the machine head nut else the nut would prevent access to the truss rod.  With the mounting screws removed the plate will be loosely retained by the machine head and can be swung around to clear the truss rod adjuster.

54 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I like the curve but I'd have it on a matching black plate extended to cover the truss rod access.  The plate could carry an etched graphic to add depth to the design.  Laminated plate would allow you to have colour in the logo.

I'd cut the hole in the plate to clear the machine head nut else the nut would prevent access to the truss rod.  With the mounting screws removed the plate will be loosely retained by the machine head and can be swung around to clear the truss rod adjuster.

I wasn’t going to put a truss rod cover on it and I was just going to paint the shape on not have a plate, but it’s something to consider.......

• Thanks 1