Why become a member? ×

‘72 style P Bass Kit Build finally FINISHED!!!

Jimothey

42 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Thanks I’m glad I ended up changing my mind so often about colour choices!

The only reason why I thought about changing the neck is because of seeing this one....

C14CBF7C-7BCD-48E6-A495-0D5210F4F2FA.thumb.jpeg.fd2068650d830455cb05aa7bcbee5ad9.jpeg

But the Rosewood is growing on me now, it provides a little bit of contrast with the white body.......:D

This, to my eye, looks all beautifully toned in like a posh hotel reception.  Yours, on the other hand, just looks cool and badass ;)

32 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

This, to my eye, looks all beautifully toned in like a posh hotel reception.  Yours, on the other hand, just looks cool and badass ;)

And mines more suited to a seedy back alley bar!! :biggrin:

Edited by Jimothey
  • Haha 1

I managed to get the sratchplate fitted just got to drill the control holes next, I learnt from my mistake on the last build when positioning the bridge 

C950F8D1-1DEE-494F-9126-41E1BB171699.thumb.jpeg.58f904922bae2001d854333e3083c815.jpeg

I’ll hopefully get it finished tomorrow on my lunch break :D

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 09:51, Jimothey said:

Thanks 

I think I’m going to keep the white headstock for the time being till I buy my new maple/maple neck :D

I think it works really well, love the shape of the headstock too.

For me, matching headstocks only work on necks with Rosewood / other dark fingerboards, like this one!

Well done, excellent work.!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, discreet said:

It's your bass, you put it together exactly how you wanted it and you're going to be playing it! So it matters not what I think! :)

Yeah I know I was only joking because you seemed to feel quite strongly against matching headstocks :biggrin:

31 minutes ago, discreet said:

I feel quite strongly about a lot of things, but it doesn't necessarily get me anywhere. xD

I know what you mean my arms get tired carrying my soap box around with me all the time :biggrin:

1 minute ago, Andyjr1515 said:

Great job :)

Now waiting to see the next one ;)

Thanks mate 

I’ve just got the 5 string build to put back together after glossing it then I’ll be making a start on the next one (the single cut) :D

• Like 1

After all the deliberations and colour changes there’s something about it that I don’t like whether it’s the pickguard shape/colour I’m not sure, but I’m going to be putting a new pickguard on it and make it into a P/J instead I’m thinking Orange will look good

66C7359F-3E86-49D5-A0DB-CD9A75CD224E.jpeg.72fbb9012b84291b62108eb1fe5f2479.jpeg

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BrunoBass said:

There’s a lot of love for orange round these parts 😁

I didn’t want to do the pickguard white, black, cream, tort etc and so there was only one colour to pick!! :D

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimothey said:

After all the deliberations and colour changes there’s something about it that I don’t like whether it’s the pickguard shape/colour I’m not sure, but I’m going to be putting a new pickguard on it and make it into a P/J instead I’m thinking Orange will look good

66C7359F-3E86-49D5-A0DB-CD9A75CD224E.jpeg.72fbb9012b84291b62108eb1fe5f2479.jpeg

Oh yes!

I've just done the same to my white Precision fretless... I like it :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

OK there's going to be another change to this bass, 

I now decided to convert this into a 5 string Tele or Precision 

I need to order a 5 string neck, bridge and pickups, I'll custom make the pickguard to fit this body

The body I'll keep white and I'm still going to do the pickguard orange I'm not sure about whether to change the hardware to black or keep it chrome 

I'm then going to use the neck off this one on my telecaster shaped body build 😀

Edited by Jimothey
  • Like 1