Why become a member? ×

SOLD: Fender JV, P-Bass, 62 re-issue, MIJ 1982
£880

patpatel

Fender (not Squire) JV  Precision Bass

This is one of the very rare early non-export models with Fender logo, PB62 re-issue.

From the first year of JV production, neck date 9th September 1982

Black with rosewood fingerboard. Vintage reverse tuners and threaded saddle bridge. Pickups have cloth-covered wiring (which I think suggests it's the higher spec model with US pickups)

Apart from two dents on the side and a few scratches in great condition. Neck looks and feels great and frets have only minor wear. 60s style (A-)neck, flat profile, 42mm at the nut. Truss rod works, low action, plays really well.

Everything original except - CTS pots, Switchcraft socket, knobs and pickguard but I still have all the original parts (original white pickguard is broken).

4,4 kg

Comes in original Fender leather gig bag

This bass sounds amazing,  strong attack,  rich tone, and longest sustain I've heard in a P-bass. Unfortunately a bit too heavy for me so will have to let it go...

Based in Austria, insured shipping no problem

No trades

More photos on request

IMG_2107.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2120.jpg

IMG_2121.jpg

IMG_2131.jpg

IMG_2118.jpg

IMG_2135.jpg

20171112_114425.jpg

20171112_105844.jpg20170921_095759.thumb.jpg.8434e5d6a45b5386ccbdf63b34a55648.jpg

Edited by patpatel

15 hours ago, basolas said:

Hi

Truss rod seems maxed out - Does it turn clockwise?

Refinished? It seems like it was red before (from the dent).

Nut width?

Thank you very much.

no, it's not maxed out, still turns clockwise, about one quarter turn left

pretty sure it's not refinished

nut width 42mm

Edited by patpatel

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2017 at 21:33, mikbass said:

Hello, if it's not refinished then the bass should have a turtle pickguard. Is the original still available?

I have the identical bass and it too has a black pickguard. Looks very genuine to me. I've a couple of Jap Fenders and they play beautiful. Undercoats were sometimes made up of leftover paint that was mixed so could end up any colour.

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

I have the identical bass and it too has a black pickguard. Looks very genuine to me. I've a couple of Jap Fenders and they play beautiful. Undercoats were sometimes made up of leftover paint that was mixed so could end up any colour.

thanks for the info!

there were a few questions about this... looks like a red undercoat that was oversprayed at the factory. definitely doesn't look like an aftermarket/home made re-finish.

original pickguard is white by the way (I've seen fender jv p-basses with white, tort or black pickguards)

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful bass! I have a Fender JV as well in white, with a white Pickguard. Dont know though if this is original. And, from the dents on my bass I can see it has a red undercoat as well, I was also wondering if it was refinished once. So, obviously not, good to know! What looks different on mine are the bridge saddles. These here seem to be the ones they used for the domestic Squier JV line, according to 21frets.com... maybe they mixed up some parts for the different series from time to time.

• 3 weeks later...