Why become a member? ×

Missing posts and broken images after migration

dannybuoy

I’ve not fully explored the new site yet, but I checked the pinned ‘post your pedalboard’ thread in the effects forum, and not only have the last month’s worth of posts gone missing, but all the image links are now broken. I guess the new forum software uses a different format for image tags, but that’s a lot of old content affected that should be possible to fix with a bit of scripting!

In that case it should be possible to fix all those broken posts! Far better to try and automate a fix rather than expect people to update individual posts? There’s a wealth of content on here that is now a lot harder to view. Same goes for migrating PMs from the old database. If there’s nobody on the team with the know how perhaps there’s a member out there willing to help? I might be able to get it done but I’d struggle as I don’t work with SQL regularly!

Edited by dannybuoy

3 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

In that case it should be possible to fix all those broken posts! Far better to try and automate a fix rather than expect people to update individual posts? There’s a wealth of content on here that is now a lot harder to view. Same goes for migrating PMs from the old database. If there’s nobody on the team with the know how perhaps there’s a member out there willing to help? I might be able to get it done but I’d struggle as I don’t work with SQL regularly!

I do work with SQL regularly, it's my day job :lol:

8 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

Found an old post of mine with a YouTube link, edited and saved and it turned the URL text back to a working link. Didn’t embed the video though like the old site, is that not supported anymore?

It it is yeah. Try a new link.