Why become a member? ×

PM's

clivem

4 minutes ago, ped said:

Nope, I mentioned it at least three times on the forum, created a 'Please Read' section at the top and sent a mass email to all members active in the last 12 months. My wording was slightly different each time but the most ambiguous was one which said "I'm pretty sure PMs will transfer OK but it's a good idea to get a copy of any details you might need just in case". It was also announced on Facebook.

Well, I don't do Facebook and unless I had some sort of notification or popup directing me to a 'Please Read' message, I'm pretty sure the only thing I did read was the email I quoted, the relevant part being, "the ONLY thing requiring your attention"..... and as I hadn't placed an advert it didn't apply to me......

12 minutes ago, ped said:

Ok well I don’t know what you want me to say apart from sorry. Been up since 6:30 yesterday. 

No problem. I'm going to come back in a weeks time and see if anything is better. At the moment the new site is not even usable.... Just as likely to get an error as any content..... All I keep seeing is....

"Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::language() in 
/home/basschat/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php on line 74" .....

or most often a 503....

Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.4.27 (Unix) mod_hive/6.6 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6 Server at www.basschat.co.uk Port 80

"

Yep - I had the site unavailable when i went from downstairs computer to up, last time I had that on my own server was on an ISP that had site mirroring and one of the mirrors was a bit broken, so when you connected if you got unlucky you got the broken one. I got it on this PC to start with, but I closed it down and tried again a few minutes later, and it was ok

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Yep - I had the site unavailable when i went from downstairs computer to up, last time I had that on my own server was on an ISP that had site mirroring and one of the mirrors was a bit broken, so when you connected if you got unlucky you got the broken one. I got it on this PC to start with, but I closed it down and tried again a few minutes later, and it was ok

I've got a feeling that that's because we've just moved the named servers across. From what I understand it can take a little while for things to settle?