Why become a member? ×

Duck Dunn Fender (not a Fender) tribute

AndyTravis

So in Fender’s persistent wisdom, the 57 gold Pickguard has holes in different places compared to later Precisions. You may have noticed how in other photos there’s been a piece of masking tape near the pots.

Upon fitting said gold Pickguard, there was a noticeable void where there should be wood for a screw. 

Bit of a head scratcher.

But...had a drumstick I’d used for doweling, and after a bit of saw saw saw and sanding...a bit of gorilla glueing and some clampy clampy...the issue is sorted.

EMG’s in the post, may need to make a space for a battery. So once this has cured and set, I’ll make a battery compartment if needed.

May also sheild the compartment, just because I have the copper tape to do it.

F73B74D7-B83E-48CD-AEE5-79A218E65494.jpeg

1D52FCBA-74B9-44F6-8A3E-1AAC773845A7.jpeg

EC5FEEFD-4BE1-43FF-9684-A636FB3AAAFA.jpeg

Done, as in All together instead of in bits.

seems to be a little bit of an issue with P pickup output and need to sort string height at the nut.

havent got the energy at the minute to do it myself so might hand over to a local luthier. 

Had a god awful week and doesn’t look like I’ll have much time in the near future to sort.

C053CB5A-318C-42C8-94C9-1954C4A514C7.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

Haven’t had chance, had a mad week and I’ve not had 2 minutes. I will do something at some point though

I know exactly what you mean I still haven’t managed to start my ‘51 P Bass kit yet! Hopefully I can start it in a couple of weeks?!

• Thanks 1

Yes.  I am the same with my Pitbull.  There are improvements to make but they lost in the competition between building and practising when I heard how it already sounds.  It's my main axe now.

You needn't beat yourself up over it though.  It's a stunner.

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SpondonBassed said:

That's all well and good but where is the duck?  I hear no quacking.

Heeheehee, great photo of a lovely looking instrument anyway.

I have the stuff to do it, just haven’t had time to print it. Sounds daft...but it’s true.