Why become a member? ×

G&L L2500 Tribute

Guest MoJo

I've not had that much exposure to the Yamaha's Mark, but lots of time with G&L. I had 4 of them working towards my ideal which was a Blueburst one with Maple FB. The neck is chunkier than the Yamaha's and also a bit narrower. Soundwise they can do pretty much anything and really justify the "best bass Leo Fender ever designed" tag they seem to have.
With the almost endless combination of coil switching, pickup switching, active/passive/boost I don't think you would struggle to get the sound you want out of it.
They are that well made, (by Cort), that having compared a Tribute to a US one, I could not see how you would justify the extra money, they are that good.
Massively underrated and the Swiss Army Knife of basses.

I picked one up two days ago to compare to my BB1025X! A bit lighter, neck is slightly chunkier. Sounds great but still prefer my BB. Gibson EB-5 is on my to-try list as I really like the tone of my Epi Classic Pro Thunderbird but want a brighter tone and a fifth string!

Through a clean amp I think the G&L has the edge; certainly a lot more versatile. But when running through my various dirt pedals I do prefer the BB, and since I always have one on, it's the BB all the way for me!

There will be a black/maple one listed in the classifieds soon if you want to try one out!

On 11/13/2017 at 16:36, dannybuoy said:

Through a clean amp I think the G&L has the edge; certainly a lot more versatile. But when running through my various dirt pedals I do prefer the BB, and since I always have one on, it's the BB all the way for me!

There will be a black/maple one listed in the classifieds soon if you want to try one out!

Ooooh......keep me posted