Why become a member? ×

Overwater classic jazz 4 bass
£1400

cammymaxwellbass

2013 overwater classic jazz 4 bass

*Hi everyone. I’d like to make it clear from the outset that the only reason I’m selling this beautiful, professional level instrument is due to a long term sports injury to my jaw, neck and shoulders. This means playing traditional shape, long scale, slightly heavier instruments is not really possible for me any more. I love this bass, and don’t really want to sell it, but I haven’t been able to play it (for any length of time) for nearly a year now, so time to sell it on.*

The facts:
34 scale
straight-grained dark rosewood fingerboard, maple neck (satin finish)
hipshot usa hardware
Tobacco Burst, satin finish with matching headstock, tortoiseshell scratchplate
Wizard '64 pickups
vol/vol/tone controls
weight 4.2kg on bathroom scales
currently strung with labella flats (Jamerson gauge)

The good:
World class craftsmanship, beautiful looking and feeling instrument capable of a wide range of tones. Sounds like you’d expect a top of the range jazz bass to.

The bad:
There’s two tiny marks in the finish; one on the upper body (camera wouldn’t actually focus on it, it’s too small) and one next to the scratch plate near the bridge pickup (see photo).

You can see and hear the bass (wearing tapewounds) here: https://www.youtube....h?v=8_v_Lbn8NTI

Comes with correct size allan key for bridge & neck adjustment. Based in Glasgow but travel quite a bit. Postage is possible, and comes with a Hiscox hard case.

Any questions welcome, cheers for looking.

Trades: probably not, but anything very light and 32/33 scale would be interesting...

IMG_20171105_190434.jpg

IMG_20171105_190443.jpg

IMG_20171105_190450.jpg

IMG_20171105_190621.jpg

IMG_20171105_190901.jpg

Edited by cammymaxwellbass
site update, reattached pics