Why become a member? ×

£50 bargain Hurricane by Morris

ricksterphil

Hey peeps

Just picked this up to use as a backup/take to gigs which might end up in a punch up

It's a Hurricane by Morris Precision copy....and pretty darned good it is too considering it cost me £50.

Anyone heard of these?

[attachment=257309:Hurricane-1.png]
[attachment=257310:Hurricane-2.png]

I remember Morris being a maker of good quality acoustics (Japanese I think) which were marketed in the UK by Ivor Mairants in London. They ere quite expensive and a little over the top with inlays. Recently one appeared 2nd hand on Preloved or Gumtree with. £600 price tag. So if your bass is of the same origin you may well have the bargain of the decade.

Pics are pre-update so I can't see them unfortunately - any chance of re-posting them, @ricksterphil ?

Morris is house-brand of Japanese manufacturer Moridaira, who are probably best known for making Prince's Hohner MadCat Telecaster copy. I think the Hurricanes were early 80s but they're not all that common so that's all I know! £50 is a total steal for any decent MIJ bass from that era, though.