Why become a member? ×

“Home Built” 1951 PRECISION BASS in BEAUTIFUL SUNSET ORANGE NITRO
£395

briansbrew

Price or Trade Value : £395.00
“Home Built” 1951 PRECISION BASS in BEAUTIFUL SUNSET ORANGE NITRO

£395

Up for sale is a “Home Built” 1951 Precision Bass “look-a-like” in Sunset Orange Nitro

Body: Warmoth Swamp Ash finished in Sunset Orange Nitro
Neck: Mighty Mite Maple with Rosewood Board 38mm Nut Width
Pickup: Lollar Original P-Bass Single Coil
Tuners: Genuine Fender Tuners
Electrics: Obsidian Wire loom
Bridge: Gotoh 201
Weight is approx 9.5 Lbs

I have used the Brigs original post with permission of course :)
This bass was built in 2013 by the brig at a cost of £850.

He used it as his main gigging bass for a couple of years and it sounded amazing and really cut through the mix, I have had it sat in my study with only occasional use.

It’s in good condition with a few minor blemishes here and there as you would expect from a nitro finish, but it still looks lovely and it attracts lots of complimentary comments.

I am selling a few basses as I need the cash for an up and coming wedding for my son which came out of the blue. I paid £450 for it

I’m based in N.Ireland- 07713756789

I have amended the electrics in the description as it was changed to an Obsidian wire loom, these cost around the £60 mark and are very good.

PRICE INCLUDES DELIVERY TO ANY UK ADDRESS

Thanks for looking.
Brian

image.jpg

image-2.jpg

image-3.jpg

image-4.jpg

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg

image-7.jpg

Edited by briansbrew

Ah, I was really admiring this bass when the brig was selling it
I really really really don't need another bass! ;)
But I do quite fancy a 51 shaped P, and this is just amazing!
Beautiful colour & grain, and just looks simply stunning

If I did have room for one more, I'd be all over this, especially at this price
GLWTS, but also, good luck with your son's wedding

Brian, Would you PM me your location please? I'm in east Belfast. I'm interested in this bass. The one thing that worries me is the weight. Is the 9.5lbs definately accurate?

Good luck with your sons wedding. I've had to pay for [u][b]two[/b][/u] daughters weddings. You have my sympathy. :D

Frank.

I don't usually comment on basses for sale here, although there have been, and still are, many excellent instruments on offer. This one, however, I find particularly stunning, both aesthetically and from a specification point of view. Am I looking for a bass..? No. Do I need another bass..? No. Have I the spare cash for a bass right now..? No. On top of that, I'm a drummer, and an old one at that. Despite all of that, I'd love to have this in my modest stable; she's a beaut, and at a price that's tempting, even for me.
Good luck with the sale.

("Sniff." [i]Takes another handkerchief, wipes away a tear, to no avail, as another immediately wells up. Tries to look away; doesn't succeed. [/i]"Sniff". :( )

Edited by Dad3353

[quote name='Marc S' timestamp='1510241345' post='3404938']
Ah, I was really admiring this bass when the brig was selling it
I really really really don't need another bass! ;)
But I do quite fancy a 51 shaped P, and this is just amazing!
Beautiful colour & grain, and just looks simply stunning

If I did have room for one more, I'd be all over this, especially at this price
GLWTS, but also, good luck with your son's wedding
[/quote]
Cheers Marc, Thanks

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1510246173' post='3404991']
Brian, Would you PM me your location please? I'm in east Belfast. I'm interested in this bass. The one thing that worries me is the weight. Is the 9.5lbs definately accurate?

Good luck with your sons wedding. I've had to pay for [u][b]two[/b][/u] daughters weddings. You have my sympathy. :D

Frank.
[/quote]
Hi Frank, I have messaged you.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1510249971' post='3405052']
I don't usually comment on basses for sale here, although there have been, and still are, many excellent instruments on offer. This one, however, I find particularly stunning, both aesthetically and from a specification point of view. Am I looking for a bass..? No. Do I need another bass..? No. Have I the spare cash for a bass right now..? No. On top of that, I'm a drummer, and an old one at that. Despite all of that, I'd love to have this in my modest stable; she's a beaut, and at a price that's tempting, even for me.
Good luck with the sale.

("Sniff." [i]Takes another handkerchief, wipes away a tear, to no avail, as another immediately wells up. Tries to look away; doesn't succeed. [/i]"Sniff". :( )
[/quote]
Thank you Dad :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...