Why become a member? ×

EAD Foundation 212 - SOLD
£750

GreeneKing

I've made a tough decision. It's been several years since I've gigged and my last band venture fizzled out nearly a year ago. I've kept my gear for some time but I've finally decided that I'm comfortable with moving on. I'll keep a few basses and my TC Combo but the serious stuff isn't getting used. I still enjoy noodling but that's it.

If Carlsberg made bass cabs.....

Dave Perry, a good friend, made 10 of these cabs. I find Dave to be a remarkable man who is never happy with 2nd best. A perfectionist who never says 'that'll do'. On Dave's own admission it cost too much to make these cabs to his very high standard to make them tenable as a business proposition.

Mine is immaculate and has only seen light use. It's never been abused or dropped, no-one has ever danced on it although it they did you wouldn't know such is the build quality and finish. It comes with a Roqsolid cover.

Here are the specs:

[url="http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk"]http://www.extendedaudiodesign.co.uk[/url]

How does it sound? Focussed, tight, articulate and powerful. As you can see there are attenuators for the mid driver and the tweeter. It has a 'proper' custom crossover. It's not super light but at 57lbs this 11 stone weakling finds it an easy one man carry.

The finish is also used to coat horse ramps! To say it is tough is an understatement.

I'm not prepared to ship having has a cab severely damaged by a courier but I am okay with travelling some miles down the M6 from home in Kendal where viewing is welcome.

More gear to be added (LM 500 Tube, Strymon Mobius and Cog 3x fx etc).

I do know that Scoop was looking for one to match his existing cab but he is sorted now.

Edited by GreeneKing

These are fantastic cabs and super-rare. Right up there with the best, if not THE best. Even if you weren't thinking about buying a cab, or imagined that your cab search was finally over, you should get in and buy this [i]immediately[/i]. Don't even think about it, you are unlikely to get another chance at one of these, at least not for a very long time!

Needless to say if I had spare folding I'd be in the car heading north, right now! :rolleyes:

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1510135868' post='3404159']
These are fantastic cabs and super-rare. Right up there with the best, if not THE best. Even if you weren't thinking about buying a cab, or imagined that your cab search was finally over, you should get in and buy this [i]immediately[/i]. Don't even think about it, you are unlikely to get another chance at one of these, at least not for a very long time!

Needless to say if I had spare folding I'd be in the car heading north, right now! :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Thank you, a kind and honest appraisal. I should add that there is some very slight discolouring where the handle slots are on the cover. A rarely noticeable cosmetic thing. We have some sun, even in Kendal...

Fantastic cabs. I have a tinge of regret getting rid of mine but this is truly the pinnacle of 212 cabs. If you want the ability to replicate the exact sound your bass or effects are putting out then this is the cab for you.

[quote name='sk8' timestamp='1510138323' post='3404182']
Fantastic cabs. I have a tinge of regret getting rid of mine but this is truly the pinnacle of 212 cabs. If you want the ability to replicate the exact sound your bass or effects are putting out then this is the cab for you.
[/quote]
Cheers Mike, pm'd you.

Peter

[quote name='silverfoxnik' timestamp='1510217584' post='3404646']
Amazing cab, perfect gentleman in Peter to deal with - I'm surprised this doesn't say 'Sold' already!

GLWTS
[/quote]

Cheers Nik, I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more interest in what is I feel the best cab that may can buy and almost made of unobtainium too :)

Price negotiable of course.

Peter

I would suggest that the difference between seven and eight is very small, but I won't! ;)

I understand, and good luck. I may put some of my own gear up for sale to see what I can do..... I [b][i]really[/i][/b] want this cab! :gas:

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1510243468' post='3404960']
And Haltwhistle is such a convenient half way house! :)
[/quote]

Indeed! Leave it with me and I'll do what I can (like put both of my existing cabs up for sale!!). :gas:

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1510233480' post='3404844']
Cheers Nik, I'm a little surprised that there hasn't been more interest in what is I feel the best cab that may can buy and almost made of unobtainium too :)

Price negotiable of course.

Peter
[/quote]

Unobtanium - that's a very good description of this cab! :)

It's fortunate (from my point of view) that (1) I don't need any more cabs, (2) you're a long way from the south coast and (3)I'm about to move house soon so funds are tight, otherwise I would be very tempted by the chance of owning some unobtanium myself...

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='GreeneKing' timestamp='1510251124' post='3405065'] ...sold pending the buyer being happy with the cab.[/quote]

Sold then, I would imagine!

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1510252697' post='3405100'] Bugger. Missed out again... :( [/quote]

Quite. Such is GAS. And being skint at the wrong time.