Why become a member? ×

Debut Gig!

Leonard Smalls

• 4 weeks later...

Went very well - played too fast (drummer's fault, we could tell that from the lo-kwality recording!) but tight and no other major pink torpedo-ups. A free-improv jazz drummer who happened to come along is interested in doing a "rock project" with us, which could be interesting!

16 Choke Start | Knighton 25/11/17

Whole album of pics here, courtesy of Tom Helme:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/willowshoots/albums/72157690193763005/with/38656271532/

1 hour ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Why thank you!

It would have showed up even more in tighter trousers :biggrin:

xDxDxD:$

I meant the Wal, running into a rackmount (dbx?) compressor , fx unit and amp all barking out of a 102P and some other (Fender Bassmanish?) cabinet.

But I'm glad you have blessed gentleman vegetables. :D

1 hour ago, Tonteee said:

xDxDxD:$

I meant the Wal, running into a rackmount (dbx?) compressor , fx unit and amp all barking out of a 102P and some other (Fender Bassmanish?) cabinet.

But I'm glad you have blessed gentleman vegetables. :D

:D

Good thing you couldn't see the pedal board as well!

The Wal goes into the Yamaha FX770 fx unit, which is basically functioning as a pre-amp and tuner; this goes into one channel of the dbx, which feeds the active input of the Marshall amp. FX loop of that goes into other dbx channel - with much more compression and some level reduction into Wounded Paw V4 blender, which has a bass whammy and Darkglass distortion on 1 loop, 3 Leaf envelope filter on another and Boss bass synth and DOD envelope filter on another, then back into the Marshall. Speakers are the MarkBass 2x10, and the enormous one is a Yamaha reflex cab with a 1x15" Precision Devices driver (just reminding myself how it all works, though why it all is thus is a different matter entirely!)

And the Markbass cab is by far the lightest of all of those things...

• Like 1