Why become a member? ×

Set Up Time

cheddatom

Me on my own= 2 mins. Rest of the band = 40-60 mins on average.

Some of this set up time could be a lot quicker if individuals were more organised with their own equipment (leads ect) and forward thinking in terms of what to set up where and when. It would speed up break down time too. But.....

Live and let live I suppose. They all seem happy enough with it so I just let them get on with it . I'm not supplying or doing the PA so I think its best to let them own this important territory. I will of course always help with moving things and plugging in whatever I can. I wont be happy to stare at others making an effort even though its both amusing and painful to watch. Like a silent comedy routine.

However...

I honestly think some folks kinda enjoy this setting up process and even seem to like making it hard work for them selves. Like one setting up the drum kit up making sure all cases are against the same wall behind them that another one is simultaneously trying to route PA and power cables through.
Prioritising placing the lighting rig stands, complete with now plugged in and working lights, at the highest height setting the poles will allow, right where someone obviously needs to place an amp or stand, necessitating the need to break it down and move it. Making sure an absolute snakes nest of cables is somewhere near the PA so if a faulty cable problem does come up, there will be maximum effort required to find it and rectify the fault.

Noodling from the guitarist between set up and gig starts though.......if only this could stop. If only just this one thing could just stop. Just this one thing. Everything else I can live with but the noodling.....