Why become a member? ×

Any experiences with EUCON on LPX 10.3.2 ? (Avid S3)

Hippytone

Evening chaps,

I wonder if anyone has any HANDS-ON experience of using a EUCON control surface with Logic Pro X....

I need to choose between Avid S3, which is EUCON and SSL Nucleus which uses HUI/MCU.

Hearing good/bad for both, and I'm hoping there might be someone in the know.

Still waiting to hear from the folks on the LPX forums, so maybe EUCON really has no love in the Logic world.

Grateful for any advice here...

H.

I run the S3 with ProTools mainly, but I also use Logic X on occasion (my songwriting partner uses logic so it have it for easy of sharing ideas).

I had the same issue with choosing the S3 and was looking at the Nucleus too.

In the end I didn’t need the transport or monitor control offered by the Nucleus and went with the S3 and I’m very happy with it. The level of integration EUCON give you over the software is impressive and very useful, my workflows for mixing and recording have improved immensely with the S3. It works pretty seamlessly with standard Logic X and PT, and I only have issues with Slate Trigger 2, which will crash ProTools if you select a channel with Trigger in insert slot A.

SSL is more basic in its ability to control plug-ins, automation and the like, but is still a very good unit indeed.

I’d recommend the S3 without hesitation, I’ve just put 2 into studios for Uni of Winchester and they love them with Logic and Abelton as well as PT.

Not a logic expert, but the transition between the 2 DAWs is pretty seamless in my experience.