Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SR650-ABS. Thoughts?

XoSo

Hi Guys

Antoher question about basses from me, Still looking around trying to decide on what to buy to upgrade from my starter Stingray copy. So far I have been looking at Fender Jazz basses as I've always owned Fender guitars and love the brand. The Jazz bass also appeals with the slimmer neck. However I've just come across the Ibanez SR650. Ibanez isn't a brand I've considered despite owning an Ibanez bass (and liking it) some 40 years ago. The whole package seems almost too good to be true - P &J pickups, great tone wood, slim neck, seemingly extremely well made and at a price that seems almost unbelievable. So any thoughts - positive or negative from people that have owned or played this bass appreciated. Surprisingly there seems to be very few reviews of them on YouTube or elsewhere.

Haven’t played this particular model but I can say that the stuff coming out of the Ibanez factories these days is great. There are a few of us here on BC who own various models and love em! As always, try before you buy if possible but I imagine you’ll be pleasantly surprised.