Why become a member? ×

Hysteria..a bass album, seriously

Barking Spiders

[quote name='lowdown' timestamp='1510151171' post='3404317']
I remember that band U2. They did TRY and make people like their offerings for free. But thankfully, there was a way around it for Apple users.
[url="https://www.iphonelife.com/content/how-to-remove-u2-album-%E2%80%9Csongs-innocence%E2%80%9D-iphone-itunes"]https://www.iphoneli...D-iphone-itunes[/url]

:D
[/quote]

They also gave away an album in the 80s with certain walkmans

[quote name='ead' timestamp='1510149018' post='3404289']
Complete bastards. Fancy making music people like and buy in reasonable quantities to make a living out of. Bastards.
[/quote]

How very dare they!!

And as for that Bono! Using his fame to raise awareness of human rights and other worthwhile causes! Outrageous!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='fftc' timestamp='1510248566' post='3405032']
And as for that Bono! Using his fame to raise awareness of human rights and other worthwhile causes! Outrageous!
[/quote]

True, but luckily his money was safe in a tax haven, so he can raise awareness so that poorer people can pay for schools and hospitals ;)

I saw the article and thought it was great. I was really pleased to see it. I'm sure a lot of people start out on bass because of players like Rick Savage.

An early influence for me was Dee Dee Ramone but now I am older I would rather listen to James Jamerson or Carol Kaye. I still smile and feel good when I see a mention of Dee Dee though.

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1510252774' post='3405102']
True, but luckily his money was safe in a tax haven, so he can raise awareness so that poorer people can pay for schools and hospitals ;)
[/quote]

That's a bit like complaining that in a charity gig the band gets paid and they have the audacity to mention the charity and encouraging people to donate... ;)

20 hours ago, mcnach said:

That's a bit like complaining that in a charity gig the band gets paid and they have the audacity to mention the charity and encouraging people to donate... ;)

When I have a net worth of $700 million I will be sure to do them all for free

On 09/11/2017 at 17:29, fftc said:

Complete bastards. Fancy making music people like and buy in reasonable quantities to make a living out of. Bastards.

How very dare they!!

:lol::lol::lol:

And also using his fame to help invest Lithuanian in shopping malls  to avoid tax...allegedly!!!

And also using his fame for investing in Lithuani