Why become a member? ×

TC Electronic cabs

Zummerbass

I currently run a TCE Staccato 51 head into a RS210 cab. Great for small venues,for bigger gigs I add my Purple Chili 115 underneath. I'm happy with that but...would be nice to finally have two matching cabs! So...

Do I get a PC 210t and keep lighter cabs (maybe not such a good match for TC head?)

Or another RS cab? 115 or 212. Heavier but well matched.

[quote name='Zummerbass' timestamp='1509898054' post='3402414']
Do I get a PC 210t [/quote]If you like what you have but need it louder add another identical cab.

[quote]Or another RS cab? 115 or 212. Heavier but well matched.
[/quote]Well matched cosmetically, but otherwise, no. To be acoustically well matched is to be identical.

I`ve played through a TC rig with RS210 & 112, sounded great, but I`d go for Bills recommendation of getting the same cab again. If you like your current sound, doubling it will make a very large grin appear, plus with two identical cabs, no need to re-eq if only using one of them. Whereas the 210/112/115 are all likely to be voiced differently - nothing to do with driver size I should add - so then your sound is made of two different voiced cabs making replicating that sound with either on its own potentially difficult.

Edited by Lozz196

I know a player with an RH750 and an RS210 and RS112. He sounds pretty good and very loud. TC have suggested rigs with their 210 and 112 or 210 and 212. I used my Staccato with 2 Berg 112's. Bass Direct have an RS212 and an RS112 for sale n their used section.

The Staccato is focussed at the bassier end of the EQ spectrum so I'd probably try another 210. More 10's might be punchier.

The Staccato will go to 2.67 ohms so you can use 3 8 ohm cabs. All TC RS cabs are 8 ohm.

Edited by chris_b

I used a Rebel 450 with RS210 and RS212 cabs which sounded fantastic. Now that I have invested money in a good PA I don't need so much volume on stage so I have down sized to 2 x Barefaced 110's. I sold the RS210 but still have the RS212 if you are interested. It's in the light grey with a slip cover.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1509963042' post='3402835']
All TC RS cabs are 8 ohm.
[/quote]There's a reason for this disclaimer: [i]As long as you use TC cabinets, most of our amps can actually handle 3 cabs simultaneously. [/i]
The reason is that they're not 8 ohm cabs, otherwise their amps would be able to handle any three 8 ohm cabs. In BGM issue #6 they measured the RS210 and RS212 at 10.54 Ohms and 11.54 Ohms respectively.

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1509985858' post='3403047']
There's a reason for this disclaimer: [i]As long as you use TC cabinets, most of our amps can actually handle 3 cabs simultaneously. [/i]
The reason is that they're not 8 ohm cabs, otherwise their amps would be able to handle any three 8 ohm cabs. [i]In BGM issue #6 they measured the RS210 and RS212 at 10.54 Ohms and 11.54 Ohms respectively.[/i]
[/quote]

I am so pleased, because when they first announced the range's ability, that's exactly what I hypothesised here on BC without being able to test it myself at the time!

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1509987285' post='3403063']
Speaking from experience my RH750 ran 3 8 ohm Bergantino cabs on loud gigs over several months.
[/quote]

I did that because the Staccato and RH750 were finally listed by TC as being good to 2.67 ohms. Therefore my logic was they can run 3 of anyone's cabs. And they did.