Why become a member? ×

New HPF and LPF blending pedal - KMA Audio Machines - Tyler

Cuzzie

In my recent splurge looking at creating a fat overdriven sound I came across this as a blending pedal you should check this new one out

http://kma-machines.com/m_tyler.html

http://youtu.be/myS94LW6lNY

(The drive pedal at 1.36 mins used for demo is the one i am getting)

Made by this guy in Germany and here is the info page on the pedal, you be able to access the other stuff he does via the rest of the website on the link above.
There is a really nice video of his operation on there, seems he has a genuine love for his art.

It’s transparent and basically 2 FX loops one HPF and one LPF so you can merge your drive with a modulator and have all the low end in the world, I suppose it’s a LS-2 on steroids with a bit more flexibility.

I was really impressed, again great quick answers and the no Quibble 14 day return and 5 year warranty.
I pulled the trigger again (the other being the Demon Pedals Parvati in the previous new topic) I have 2 pedals I would love to combine with what I already have.

Watch this space!

Cam

Had a quick play for an hour or so.

It’s great mate, it does what it says on the tin, it blends the sounds beautifully

So the centre point of the HPF/LPF dials are 450hz and the cut offs are 3HZ (fully left) and 20HZ fully right.

There is a phase switch to set the phase of the high pass, a mix so how much of each signal and a level of 14db boost and a mix dial, so how much of each signal

Crystal clear transparency for the bass signal as well as each signal independently, and mix how you want, it really is very good so far.

Can’t wait for my new dirt pedal to use for it!

Just as I tried to shrink my board.....

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1510139679' post='3404199']
Cam

Had a quick play for an hour or so.

It’s great mate, it does what it says on the tin, it blends the sounds beautifully

So the centre point of the HPF/LPF dials are 450hz and the cut offs are 3HZ (fully left) and 20HZ fully right.

There is a phase switch to set the phase of the high pass, a mix so how much of each signal and a level of 14db boost and a mix dial, so how much of each signal

Crystal clear transparency for the bass signal as well as each signal independently, and mix how you want, it really is very good so far.

Can’t wait for my new dirt pedal to use for it!

Just as I tried to shrink my board.....
[/quote]

That sounds dangerous for my wallet. I’m now thinking of ways to route combinations of various pedals. Now how do I avoid having to upgrade PT Classic 2 to upgrade to a Novo 24...? I have some pondering to do.

I'm tempted to rent one from fxPR and give it a go. My basswitch does the job of providing loops for my basic tones but those filters seem like a fun way to add stuff. I can see octave and clean blended with drive being fun but alas not a tone I'll be using in the foreseeable future. :(

Edited by krispn
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Woodinblack said:

Hmm.. 3 to 20Hz doesn't sound that useful!

Yeah. From the pedal description, it's actually from 20Hz to 3kHz: 

"Both filter having a 12db/Oct. roll-off with a variable cut-off frequency from 20Hz to 3kHz."

That will be my typo - sorry chaps, but now rectified.

All I can say is that I have managed to dial in a very pleasing sound for my needs, I really like it.

The other benefit is that it is a 14 day no quibble full refund as long as you keep the pedal pristine, plenty time to decide if you like it!

This is how I have set it up, excuse the clown pants, the flow goes right to left.

1ED38D70-4B8B-47CC-9A52-E7CD86BE8DDA.thumb.jpeg.801f703b8d3b43fe8c675e68d83fa73c.jpeg

Edited by Cuzzie