Why become a member? ×

TO GO: Laney Session 40 Bassman

EliasMooseblaster

This was my first proper bass amp, acquired second-hand about 16 years ago. 40W solid-state, 12" Fane speaker. As the photos hopefully show, it's seen better days.
[attachment=256872:FrontSmall.jpg]

I'm hoping to pass this on a refurbishment project to somebody, as it's been gathering dust for a couple of years now. A quick test just before posting this confirmed that it still works, and sounds alright. There's a fair bit of crackling, and the parametric gain control has a tendency to make squealing noises (dust/moisture in the pot, I think).

There's a fairly frank account of my last serious repair attempt at https://ralphbeeby.wordpress.com/2012/09/05/amp-repairs-laney-session-40-bassman/

Free to anyone who's got the time and patience to give it the TLC it requires. I can meet people in central London during the week, feel free to come and collect from SW London/Surrey sort of way, or I can arrange postage if you don't mind covering that cost.