Why become a member? ×

Sold please close
£65

krispn

Hey folks,

Got this to compare with my Bass Soul Food but the BSF just works better for my needs and with my current set up. I should have know but the small footprint was appealing. These are designed by BJF who famously made the BBBOD pedal which is very well received in the monophonic plank community!

Website link: http://www.one-contr...assmachine.html

Loads of video clips available on the One Control site.

Now don't get me wrong the HGBM is a fine unit but a little dark for my tastes when I play finger style which I do 99% of the time and I prefer flat wound strings too. I will say with a pick and round wounds the HGBM won my vote as a low gain always on type sound but as I use a pedal train mini I have no room for two drive pedals no matter how cute and I refuse to get a bigger board as I'd only be inclined to fill it up! Plus my main gigs do not require me to have an always on drive sound - I tried but the band told me off ;)

The pedal has a LOW control 'hidden' on the side which can easily be adjusted with a small screwdriver without having to remove the battery cover or any faff at all. It has a tonne of low end oomph should you need it. It can provide serious bottom - no BS it's a powerful wee set and forget control! I found the tone to be a little dark as I said but that might suit your rig and bass - wasn't as pleasing to my ear but that's not really my kinda sound in the first place. Run's on 9 -18v power and gives more headroom at 18v operation. This one comes boxed as new - had a run through at rehearsal after some home A/B'ing with the BSF so minimal playtime on this one.

If you need a PSU I can include a official Boss PSU for an additional £15 - so that's the HGBM pedal and Boss PSU for £80 posted U.K.

No trades on this one as I simply don't have the space in my pedaltrain mini!

Specifications

• Input impedance: 330K
  • Output impedance: 25K Max
  • Drive voltage: 9V~18V
  • Power consumption: 12mA
  • S/N ratio: -90dB
  • Size: 39Wx100Dx31H mm (excluding protruding parts)
  •   47Wx100Dx48H mm (including protruding parts)
  • Weight: Approx. 160 grams
  • True-Bypass Switching
  • High Quality Aluminum Enclosure
  • Power: 9V Battery or Standard DC Power Supply
Edited by krispn

I have a COG Darklighter in a custom build and this is a different sounding pedal. For £65 what you got to lose ;)

It can be quite dynamic and I had had it set up woth drive around noon tone up full and volume to match the amp. Nice pick'd bass tone!

Edited by krispn

• MoJoKe locked this topic