Why become a member? ×

Remember that Pino Precision we all thought was a tad overpriced...

TrevorR

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1509778659' post='3401531']
It must be part of the collector's mentality to see additional value in hardware because of who owned it previously. I have no time for that.
[/quote]

It’s an interesting point. A few vintage Guitar dealers I know don’t mention previous owners or try and increase the price as a result of who has owned or used it in the past. Unless it’s an iconic guitar (or bass) one dealer quite righty said he can’t see why it should increase value.

On the other hand, some of the London dealers will use every trick in the book to ramp up value, which is fair enough if it works.

[quote name='SpondonBassed' timestamp='1509778659' post='3401531']
It must be part of the collector's mentality to see additional value in hardware because of who owned it previously. I have no time for that.
[/quote]

Me neither. Do people think that if they buy a bass (for example) that was owned by a famous bass player that they will somehow, by osmosis, suddenly be able to play and sound like said player and instantly enjoy the fame and success of that player? Or what..?

Buying a phase pedal previously owned by [ROCK STAR] at an extortionate price isn't going to help you record and produce a million-selling album, is it? Unless you were on your way to recording such an album anyway, of course... ;)

Anyway, I like Behringer pedals. They're nineteen quid.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1509823229' post='3401922']
I assume because I've looked at this Reverb listing, I'm now gettting Tony Levin's for sale ads popping up in my FB feed.

Amongst them, I found this. One for blue I think....

[url="https://reverb.com/item/5902739-vox-george-harrison-sergeant-pepper-ul730-amplifier"]https://reverb.com/i...ul730-amplifier[/url]
[/quote]

Is there an advert with two funk fingers coming at yer?