Why become a member? ×

Maruszczyk Jake PJ £750 (SOLD)
£800

jrixn1

Maruszczyk Jake PJ

£800  Reduced to £750  NOW SOLD
Sale only - no trades, thanks.

wGBlW72.jpg&key=ddd68eddc0af739ac7e911ec3bff9586ced3f854c66ea06a6545b41affca69c0

Not keen to post this, so either collection (south-west London) or meet-up.

This lovely, photogenic bass is VERY light. Cheap kitchen scales say 3.23 kg (7 lb 2 oz) - but it still balances perfectly with no neck dive.

* Passive PJ with noiseless Haussel pickups. Controls are: volume, volume, tone.

* Alder body with flame maple top

* Blocks and binding

* US Hipshot Ultralite tuners

* Neck profile based on a 1971 Precision bass

* A Maruszczyk padded gig bag is included.

The original owner was Basschat's own wateroftyne. If you're interested in the background story, his 2015 NBD thread is here: http://basschat.co.uk/topic/263423-nbd-maruszczyk-jake-pj-fender-sandberg-lakland-killer/

He also recorded some audio clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEsZm13z0YI

Gallery of further images: https://imgur.com/a/qK7lv

Please ask any questions, or request specific details/photos, etc.

Edited by jrixn1

[quote name='Mark_ii' timestamp='1509748838' post='3401465']
It's a beauty alright, these instruments are so well put together, top notch boutique standard at a very modest price. GLWS
[/quote]

+1. Somebody really needs to snatch this up. The Maruszczyk fit & finish is ludicrously good.

[quote name='zvirus' timestamp='1509790559' post='3401639']
First Maruszczyk with [u]decent[/u] hardware, decent pickups and decent price I have ever seen.....
[/quote]

Really?

The standard hardware is absolutely decent (got two, so can speak from experience), I'd say they always have decent electronics too (Delano, Haussell, Aguilar, Glockenlang - even the own brand pups are meant to be good) & the used ones i've seen on here always seem to be up for a fair price.

Looks pretty much standard Maruszczyk top quality to me. If this was active, I'd have been all over it already!

[quote name='Wilco' timestamp='1509794948' post='3401687']
Really?

The standard hardware is absolutely decent (got two, so can speak from experience), I'd say they always have decent electronics too (Delano, Haussell, Aguilar, Glockenlang - even the own brand pups are meant to be good) & the used ones i've seen on here always seem to be up for a fair price.

Looks pretty much standard Maruszczyk top quality to me. If this was active, I'd have been all over it already!
[/quote]

I had one too with [u]terrible[/u] fretwork(can supply pictures if wanted), so I`m not fan of them... My point was: They are overpriced because come with Chinese hardware in most cases. The bass in this ad is totally different and worth every penny I think...

Sorry for trashing people...

[quote name='zvirus' timestamp='1509795443' post='3401692']
I had one too with [u]terrible[/u] fretwork(can supply pictures if wanted), so I`m not fan of them...
[/quote]

I think I vaguely recall see your post about that either on this forum or another. Got to say I think you were very unlucky, & it's still the only adverse comment I've read about the build quality of Maruszczyk's. The top build quality is a factor of these basses that most people rave about.

Both the necks & fretwork on my two are superb. I'd even go so far as saying in that regard, my 5 string is probably the best bass I've had amongst countless over 30 years of playing!!

As I said, I think you were unlucky.

• ped unlocked this topic

This is back up for sale.  The controls have been changed to volume and tone, with a three-way switch for pickup selection - see new photos.

Afraid still no postage for the time being, as have no suitable hard case.  However, I will be in Bristol in July, so could meet up if you're somewhere along the M4.

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

Edited by jrixn1

Hi,

How’s the shaping round the forearm area? Just like a normal P? Just wondering if it might be a bit thicker and less shaped there. Any chance of a pic looking down onto the body from the side? 

Thanks for that. Does look slightly less contoured, but still comfortable? I play more with a pick so find slab bodies a bit unconfortable. Anyway, this is a lovely bass! 

• 2 weeks later...

First, I've reduced the collection/meet-up price to £750.  I live in south-west London, but I'm travelling to Oxford this Saturday, and to mid-Wales in a few weeks.

Second, I'll now post this within the UK, at cost (£20) - but I'm only comfortable doing this if it's in a hard case.  Unfortunately I don't have a hard case to hand, so I would ask the buyer to either send me one or I can arrange the purchase of a new one (at the buyer's expense).

The cheapest hard case I could find is: https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Electric-Bass-Guitar-Case-by-Gear4music/800 , which is £50 including postage.  Or I can purchase any alternative hard case of your choice.

Finally, since it'll now be in a hard case, if you don't want the included gig bag, subtract £20.  It's this one: https://www.public-peace.de/accessories/gigbags-suitcases/bass-gigbags/electric-bass/956-gigbag-standard

So in summary:

• collection/meet-up: £750
  • delivered (you send me a hard case first): £770 with gig bag, or £750 without
  • delivered in a new Gear4music hard case: £820 with gig bag, or £800 without
Edited by jrixn1