Why become a member? ×

Oscillator/Synth/VCO pedals (analogue)

Quatschmacher

7 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

This is what you need rather than a lacklustre audio-to-MIDI converter:

https://www.roland.com/us/products/gk-3b/

I have one of these for use with a gr55. It actually tracks very well down to a low e.

Mine is for sale to fund more gas though :)

Edited by GisserD

That's a really helpful shout - cheers DB

I would for sure be tempted by this pedal (in 2018 :) ), as I liked it when you first plugged it DB at the start of this thread. But this guy is not exactly making it attractive pricing it at $220 when a brand new one can be had for $235 and without needing to persuade someone about shipping to the UK / sorting out via shipito.com 

9 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

That's a really helpful shout - cheers DB

I would for sure be tempted by this pedal (in 2018 :) ), as I liked it when you first plugged it DB at the start of this thread. But this guy is not exactly making it attractive pricing it at $220 when a brand new one can be had for $235 and without needing to persuade someone about shipping to the UK / sorting out via shipito.com 

Given they are sold out at the moment I thought it was worth flagging up. And we know it’s new as it’s only just come out. 

Im disappointed to inform you that I also cancelled my mothership order. 

After being told it wasn' going to arive until after Christmas. Thats the last straw. I could better use the cash right now.

I'l probably still buy one early next year when they are actually available.

15 hours ago, Al Krow said:

@Quatschmacher which bass synth pedals have you now got / tried out and which are your top choices? (And why?!)

I’m actually still only at the beginning of the journey. The only one I own is the Subterranea. I had the Future Impact on loan for a couple of weeks. I think I already mentioned that I loved the sounds but found it didn’t really feel right in terms of responsiveness to playing; some settings yielded a sluggish feel or incorrect pitches triggering.

I must say, I’m tempted by the Boss SY-300 that’s listed here after checking out some videos. It’s a lot of cash if I find I don’t like it though. It’s definitely one I’d like to rent. 

4 hours ago, GisserD said:

Im disappointed to inform you that I also cancelled my mothership order. 

After being told it wasn' going to arive until after Christmas. Thats the last straw. I could better use the cash right now.

I'l probably still buy one early next year when they are actually available.

Sorry to hear that. I was looking forward to finding out about these. 

11 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m actually still only at the beginning of the journey. The only one I own is the Subterranea. I had the Future Impact on loan for a couple of weeks. I think I already mentioned that I loved the sounds but found it didn’t really feel right in terms of responsiveness to playing; some settings yielded a sluggish feel or incorrect pitches triggering.

I must say, I’m tempted by the Boss SY-300 that’s listed here after checking out some videos. It’s a lot of cash if I find I don’t like it though. It’s definitely one I’d like to rent. 

Have you considered the gr55? 

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Also, Broughton Audio has a new octave/synth pedal, though it doesn’t look as good feature-wise as his discontinued Broughctave.

http://broughtonaudio.bigcartel.com/

The first sound clip on the Synth Voice page sounds very much like an Aguilar Octamizer with the octave Filter knob all the way down.

26 minutes ago, CameronJ said:

The first sound clip on the Synth Voice page sounds very much like an Aguilar Octamizer with the octave Filter knob all the way down.

Indeed it does. Shame he got rid of the filter knobs for each voice.  

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2017 at 13:16, elephantgrey said:

If your really serious there's only one option: http://www.industrialradio.com.au/index.html

I just wish they did a 6er. Maybe then I'd actually get round to saving for one.

This is what I get for reading and walking. I totally missed this post and came across the very same product by chance yesterday. Looks absolutely amazing!

Browsing this site, it appears a basschatter sold one last year. Hopefully we can find out who has it now and ask very nicely if we might get to try it. If it does what it says it does then I’m totally getting one.  

Edited by Quatschmacher

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

I’m reviving this thread in light of recent discoveries. 

Anyone heard the Red Witch Synthotron?

Also, the SonicSmith Convertor and Squaver are worth a look.  

I love the idea of the Sonic Smith stuff but it’s not cheap and the Squaver gets absolutely destroyed over on Talkbass....I’m not prepared to risk wasting that much money.

The Red Witch Zeus (which I see you’re looking for) was, IMO, ok but nothing special but the synthotron looks interesting (have you got one?). 

1 hour ago, GisserD said:

Someone on here has/had one. I just can't remember who.... 

Edit. 

It was Andy!! 

@0175westwood29

Cool. After checking out that video it seems quite similar to the Sonicsmith implementation (though the SS stuff has more control over the input tracking now after a round of improvements).