Why become a member? ×

NABD

kodiakblair

It's Peavey time again but for a change it's acoustic Peavey time :)

First off I know absolutely nothing about this bass. There's a purple Peavey Aberdeen somewhere in the UK,it was owned by Ken Achard when he was MD for Peavey UK. As Ken's was the only 1 I was aware of I thought the Aberdeens were a range of acoustic guitars and they'd built a bass version just for Ken. Not so !! I now know of 3 others (including this one)

I'm guessing it has a mahogany neck,back and sides with a spruce top.and I'm thinking a Far Eastern origin. The preamp is an Artec ASE-4 with a Peavey logo and kinda nice wooden veneer. It's a 34" scale and the nut width is 42mm.

Just picked up a set of La Bella tapes for it as I'm not too keen on the rounds.

[quote name='Vinny' timestamp='1509793454' post='3401668']
I had one of those a few years ago, the only acoustic bass I regret selling.
[/quote]
Did you keep a note of the serial number, by any chance? It would be nice to get some idea of the number Peavey made.

I don't even have a picture of it. It was the same colour as yours, I seem to remember a darker finish being an option. (flame?) I think I sold it to someone in the west country, as if that matters. I do remember it sounding great with bronze strings and a pick.

• 4 years later...
22 hours ago, Abox1 said:

Purple. I think they made 12 and gave them as gifts.

Hi Adam.

Transparent Purple was a stock colour option , natural was the other.

More than 12 made 🙂  In the years since my initial post , a few trans purple versions have come up for sale. None made more than £130.

Here's the 2 page brochure.

Aberdeen Bass 2002.pdf