Why become a member? ×

Squier SQ Series Precision Bass 1983 & Case
£395

ash

So I bought this lovely MIJ ‘83/‘84 SQ series Squier Precision from here last week. It’s strung with roundwounds and plays like a dream with a low action and punchy sound. It’s all original with the exception of the pots/loom which is a KiOrgan replacement. The original pots are included. The bass weighs 4.1kgs and is very comfortable to play.
These basses were produced for a period alongside the legendary JV series instruments - JV denotes Japanese Vintage SQ denotes Squier. The main difference is that the SQ series were less vintage accurate and hardware was similar to 70’s era Fenders. The build quality and finishing superior to many US Fenders of the same era hence these instruments being quite sought after.
This one is no exception and sounds, looks and plays superbly.
At the same time as I bought this I managed to bag another JV Precision on eBay with a maple neck so I’ve decided to move this on quickly before I bond with it too much!
There are very few marks and a bit of paint rub/ wear on the edge. See pics.
It is a beauty and I’m selling for what I paid for it - case included. UK only. I’d prefer pickup but will post at buyers expense. Under the pick guard pic C/O original owner Stinson. No trades sorry.

http://www.21frets.com/squier_jv/thesqpage.htm

Edited by ash
Now sold